We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

When to update a plugin - need feedback | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
dave Leader
dave Apr 23 '16
Hi, 

I was just reading a different post and someone brought up the fact that there may be some plugins out there with old and outdated email address information in the xml file of the plugins. 

I actually have several plugins that have an old server email address that is no longer valid as i have closed down that domain. 

Which brings us to the question, when do developers actually need to update their plugins from the consumers point of view.  

Do we update them to just change a simple email address in an xml file or do we wait for a more comprehensive collection of items before we update our plugins? 

Dave

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Apr 23 '16
I would say that the email in the xml file is a last resort of contact. As long as a dev is responsive on the site; that should be sufficient. They can just add that to the to do list.
Of course the two big ones should be for bug fixes, and platform updates to at least confirm,and show compatibility with the new platform version.
Functionality enhancements could be something to improve the user experience. The dev would need to determine the release window for these based on feedback, and how well the improvement will increase customer loyalty.