We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Possible trouble with double ';;' semicolons | Forum

dave Leader
dave Apr 28 '16
Hi, 

I was doing a review of my coding and i found a place where i accidentally used two ;; at the end of a php function call.  

So i decided to search my plugin for more and did not find any more so it is clean. 

However in my curiosity i also searched the oxwall script and i found several.  Now i know that ;; is used in php at times but i have never seen them at the end of a call like they have been used.  So i thought i would alert you to that.  

Some do exists in the smarty files as well so i hope that i am wrong and the use of these is as intended and not just typos. 

As an example:

ow_system_plugins\admin\components\content_statistic_widget.php

line 96   $contentGroups = self::getContentTypes();;

see the double ;; at the end, i have not seen it like that, from my experience it has always been at the beginning of the statement somewhere. 

Since there are only two core files that i found i will include the other one as well. 

ow_system_plugins\base\controllers\user_search.php

line 204                       $status = BOL_AuthorizationService::getInstance()->getActionStatus('base', 'search_users');;

and the smarty file is: 

ow_libraries\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templateparser.php

line 1618               $this->_retvalue = null;;

line 2295                ']';;

i hope they are intended but if not they should probably be removed. 

Thanks, 

dave

The Forum post is edited by dave Apr 28 '16