We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chats and Messages not loading (Oxwall 1.8.1). | Forum

Cody Mitchell
Cody Mitchell Apr 29 '16
Hi there,

Everything has been working fine on my site until recently when Chats and Messages have started not loading. You'll click on it and it'll just keep on spinning.

Should updating the software to 1.8.2 work?  If so how would I update the software without losing all my data?

Thanks heaps!

Cody

ross Team
ross May 1 '16
Cody, when the message or chat just spins, can you please open your browser console and see whether there's any red javascript errors. Make a screenshot and provide it here, please. 
Cody Mitchell
Cody Mitchell May 9 '16
Hi Ross,

Sorry for the long wait.  Here is the screenshot.  There's a lot of errors!

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
  screenshot_errors.png (65Kb)
ross Team
ross May 9 '16
All those errors mean you have mod_security enabled on your server. Please disable it and see if the issue persists. If it does, please get back to us. 
Cody Mitchell
Cody Mitchell May 10 '16
Ok - sorry for my ignorance but how would you disable mod_security using CPanel?  I am a bit of a beginner.

Thanks.

dave Leader
dave May 10 '16
If you are not on a VPS or DED server you will need to contact your host for them to disable it for you. 

If you are on a VPS or DED server log into the WHM for the server and you can disable it there. 

ross Team
ross May 10 '16
Dave +1