We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Disable ads on join page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
IntrigU
IntrigU May 2 '16
Is there a simple way to disable the ads on join page? It detracts a lot of potential users from signing up.
dave Leader
dave May 2 '16
Are you using the advertising plugin?  What ads are you referring to? 
IntrigU
IntrigU May 2 '16
Yes the advertising plugin.
dave Leader
dave May 2 '16
There are two, and old one by the oxwal foundation and a new one from aron.  I have the old one but not the new one.  If you are using the old one i can install it and tell you how if possible. But if you have the new one by aron i do not have that sorry.
IntrigU
IntrigU May 2 '16
This one : http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/37

Is there code I need to comment out somewhere? I only want to disable ads on the join page.

dave Leader
dave May 2 '16
if it is the old one i think you can do that via the plugin config setting.  Go to the admin and go to plugins and installed plugins and then see if the advertisement plugin has settings, if so check in there.
IntrigU
IntrigU May 2 '16
I am aware of that. The plugin doesn't allow you to disable the ads on a particular page. 

So there must be a way to comment a line of code out on the template for the join code to stop the ads appearing just for that page. Anyone?

dave Leader
dave May 2 '16
The change of code will be in the plugin not the core.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 2 '16
I don't have the plugin, but most widgets have a settings option to restrict the view. If you have it in the right hand column, it will display on every page. In settings for the widget go to permissions, and uncheck guests. That should keep it from displaying to anyone, but registered members. This is just a thought that works with other widgets.
Tecca
Tecca May 2 '16
Don't make the advertisement "Global," under the Banner Placement section and instead add the advertisement to each plugin (page) when assigning it.
IntrigU
IntrigU May 3 '16

Quote from Bryan Don't make the advertisement "Global," under the Banner Placement section and instead add the advertisement to each plugin (page) when assigning it.
Than the ads are not displayed on profile pages etc. I just want to hide them on the join page.
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
Terry, your site is not listed here https://www.oxwall.org/donation  and i see you have removed the Oxwall attribution from your website.  

In order to continue assistance you will need to put the attribute back on your site or follow procedure and donate per page instructions.  

dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
Well to be honest you have been a bit snippy and with a demanding tone with everyone from the start and i know i don't appreciate the tude.   We are all trying to help you and you have yet to even say thanks or anything kind to anyone.  We don't work for you and are not obligated to assist.   

You have not even answered my question about which version you have yet, so how am i to assist you in the first place. 

If you want my help then answer my question and ill try to help you with the coding if i have that version. If not then i will move on and you can take your chances. 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '16
ross Team
ross May 3 '16
Terry, send all your request and questions to Skadate support team, we do not provide assistance to Skadate clients as this is Oxwall forum
IntrigU
IntrigU May 3 '16
Then don't ask me to remove the branding.
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
Ross does a specific link exist for Skadate Support or is it just a general link to their site? That way i can share with others who might be from Skadate.   
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
Its an email - for skadate support its  support  at  skadate dot com  
The Forum post is edited by dave May 3 '16
ross Team
ross May 3 '16
I believe there's a Client area specifically for that purpose. 
dave Leader
dave May 3 '16
Thanks ross, yes i did goof on that one i never saw his post reply he did answer my question grrr i hate missing stuff like that.  But anyway he needs to go to skadate anyway.   Thanks again ross. 
IntrigU
IntrigU May 3 '16

Darryl, Bryan 

Thanks for your pointers. There is no way to use the plugin admin to only disable the ads on one page. Customizing the join page was possible in v 1.7 - see here. But things have changed since then. If you know of a way to customize as of version 1.8 would be great to hear.

The Forum post is edited by IntrigU May 3 '16
Pages: 1 2 »