We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Troubleshooting: Errors on form completions | Forum

Richard
Richard May 5 '16
I'm trying to test Oxwall with for a new site im creating but I'm getting some strange errors. Anyone have any idea? 

Server is Windows 2008 R2 running Xampp

There is an error on the admin page where I can't save user settings. Attached.
I can create and account and then login but if I logout and try to log back in I get "incorrect username or password", yes the account details are correct and I've tried multiple accounts.

I can't reset a password from the password reset form. It says please fill out the form correctly. Tried with both username and email account.

Attachments:
  admin.PNG (40Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 5 '16

Hi,

Does your server meet the specs on the right side of this page.

http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

dave Leader
dave May 5 '16

What do you have in your php ini file?  I am not that familiar with Xampp so forgive me if my question is off.  But i assume its much like apache linux. 

Richard
Richard May 6 '16
Yes we meet the required spec. We went through that last night, looks like Xampp has all the plugins and features on the requirements enabled by default.

I've attached the PHP.ini

Site URL = http://www.ravegames.co.uk

Attachments:
  php.txt (73Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 6 '16
OK thanks for the info, i am going to refer this over to ross since he knows more about Xampp than i do.  He will be with you asap... 

Thanks 

Richard
Richard May 10 '16
Bump
ross Team
ross May 10 '16
RIchard, can you do a backup of your whole website files and database and send it to us, we'll try to reproduce the issue on our side by replicating the environment. 
Richard
Richard May 10 '16
Hi Ross, thanks for your help. Even tho it was playing up on my test system I quite like the product so I bit the bullet and bought a hosting package. Thanks for your help but this is probably the better option than trying to run it on a windows machine.
ross Team
ross May 10 '16
Ok, yes live linux server is the best option, besides, nowadays you don't have to pay much to test something live. Thanks for letting us know.