We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Still have questions | Forum

WOO
WOO May 7 '16
A--- open a photo from https://demo.oxwall.org/photo/viewlist/latest, the photo will show in a popup layer.

B--- after refresh this page by browser, the photo is shown in a flat page without layer.

Now, questions about above:

Q1---- In A, the page title is not related with the photo. How to let photo display in B directly without refresh the page?

Q2--- If Q1 can be solved. There is still a question. in B, when view next photo, the title of page remain photo's ID or other information of FIRST photo, not change to the information for next photo.

Can they be improved?

The Forum post is edited by WOO May 7 '16
WOO
WOO May 7 '16
No.

If you add some description to the photo, it will show in title(in process B). If you change to next photo, the title of page is still description of previous photo.

WOO
WOO May 7 '16
I cannot find your photo. Maybe were remove.

Please see my screenshots.

First is 33333.png, I have uploaded 2 photos.  Then 44444.png.   After click next button, turn to 55555.png. please notice the red arrow.

The Forum post is edited by WOO May 7 '16
Attachments:
  55555.png (246Kb)
  44444.png (189Kb)
  33333.png (203Kb)
WOO
WOO May 8 '16
no team reply?
Anitaku
Anitaku May 8 '16
team is off until monday like usual
WOO
WOO May 8 '16
OK, I see.

I am totally confused busy... forget what day is today.....

Thanks!

Quote from Phil W team is off until monday like usual

ross Team
ross May 10 '16
WOO, this is a bug when you go to another photo and description stays of the 1st photo, this will be reported to the devs and fixed asap. 

as to the popup of the photo and separate page appearance on refresh of browser page, this functinality was taken from the facebook, our producе designers found it reasonable at the time when it was implemented. 

When one opens popup the browser tab shows the page title not popup title, this is why, when you go to the page with the photo it shows the photo description in the title. For example you're on the main page, you click on the photo in the newsfeed, the info of the browser tab won't change, you're still on the main page of the website. However if you refresh the page, you imply that you want to see the photo in the separate page, therefore the title of the photo appears. Hope you get the logic. 

The Forum post is edited by ross May 10 '16
ross Team
ross May 10 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
WOO
WOO May 11 '16

I need time to learn the logic.

As talking about logic, what's the sequence of photos will be shown in popup window for a photo in newsfeed?

Such as, click a photo in newsfeed, the popup window will open and the clicked photo in it. Then, what will be next(and previous) photo in the popup window? The next(and previous)  photo in newsfeed list? Or next(and previous)  photo from same album?

The Forum post is edited by WOO May 11 '16
ross Team
ross May 11 '16
It's like going through the latest section of photos again. The same logic
WOO
WOO May 11 '16
Well, got it.