We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Assigning a unique icon to a created page, instead of default icon | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo May 8 '16
When you create a page, the menu link icon always uses the theme's default icon. My question is, how can I assign a unique icon for a created page instead of that page automatically getting the theme default icon? 

dave Leader
dave May 8 '16
Do you want the same icon for all new pages?
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo May 9 '16

Quote from dave Do you want the same icon for all new pages?
Hi Dave, no, I would like each of my pages which automatically get assigned the default menu icon to each have their own unique icon. Wondering if this can be done, and how to do it?
dave Leader
dave May 9 '16
its special coding bud, you will have to find a plugin or find a dev who will do this for you.  I will be glad to research this when i get caught up in a week. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo May 9 '16
Awesome Dave. If you were to develop a plugin that could do this, I would bet it would sell. I will certainly buy it. If simply a custom job for me, let me know what your fee would be.
dave Leader
dave May 9 '16
Will do,  remind me if you dont here from me in about 8 days please... :)
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo May 9 '16
Ok. Remind me to remind you if you don't hear my reminder within about 10 days hehehehe. 

Many thanks Dave :)

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 9 '16
This depends on your theme. Some use default oxwall icons, some use svg images that pull from an icon set that they have in the theme.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 9 '16
For example. Here is where I posted about changing the icons for the Venus Plus theme by OW Visuals.
http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/42308
dave Leader
dave May 9 '16
yeah Darryl you may be able to help him i am told this is pretty much a CSS deal and not hard to do 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 9 '16
It is css, and svg files now with most themes. They can only include icons for plugins where they know what the menu name is. All others get a default icon. The custom ones can be added to the "custom css" in the admin panel in the same fashion that they are in the base css file. Hopefully the post will get him in the right direction.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo May 10 '16

Quote from ross Jobee see my reply here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/45336?page=5#post-175193
Great, thanks Ross, I'll give that a try.