We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Wall Posts | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 14 '16
lol. We were all new once.
Danielle
Danielle May 14 '16
Okay so I fixed my privacy for my user settings, now I am just worried about group privacy. 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 14 '16
That's where the trick comes in. Apparently, if they don't post pics in the group, and it's set to private, your good, but the pic issue will need some professional attention. I am lost when it comes to coding. It may, and may not be simple for a seasoned programmer. The code is already there for parts of the site. It just needs to be extended to include the profile page, and the photo page so pics in private groups only display in the group.
Danielle
Danielle May 14 '16
Yeah because the whole point in a group is so you can share with select people not the whole site. This is what my users want also.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 14 '16
Agreed. Ross will be back on sometime Monday. They take the weekend off. Maybe he'll see this and forward it to the team for consideration.
Danielle
Danielle May 14 '16
Ah Okay. Makes sense. Everyone should enjoy the weekend. haha
Danielle
Danielle May 17 '16
Hmmm it's Tuesday and I still haven't gotten any answers about commenting and liking wall posts :-(
dave Leader
dave May 17 '16
monday is a big day for him, he has to go thru and try to answer as many posts as possible that were posted over the weekend, and do all the other stuff he has to do.  So im sure he will see this tonight.  :) 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 17 '16
Danielle
Danielle May 17 '16
Makes sense haha I don't mean to be annoying I am just anxious about it. >.<
dave Leader
dave May 17 '16
Understood, we have all been there :) 
ross Team
ross May 17 '16
Danielle, 

The only solution in your case is to use newsfeed. As there's no functionality of liking and commmenting for the wall widget. You will need to implement it on your own or hire a programmer to do that for you. 

However there's some flaws in the privacy of the group, like photos from the private group can be seen on user profiles if this newsfeed item has been commented. 

Video uploaded to the private group can be seen in the video listings and several other cases, which all have been reported to the devs and is on our roadmap. 

Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
Ugh that's terrible. I can't afford a programmer so I guess I am screwed. I won't be using the news feed because groups need to stay private, hence the point of even having a group. :-/ Any advice on how I can enable likes and comments on wall posts like changing the code or something?
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
Its more than just changing the code, the visual is the easy part, then you would have to either add those to the current table to store them and give them a new placement directive or do a new table to store them. So its a bit more complicated than just changing or adding a few lines of code. 
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
ahhhhh I'm so confused already haha
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
I would give it a few weeks unless you need it like right now. Someone could do a plugin for this when they see this post.  
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
Okay! Thanks! 
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16

Quote from dave I would give it a few weeks unless you need it like right now. Someone could do a plugin for this when they see this post.  
Is there a way I could make the plugin if I find the proper script?
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
Yes sure there is a way, first you take the plugin crash course so you understand whats what. Then you download the skeleton plugin which an example of a plugin so that you further your understanding.  Then you know what to do and where. 

I can find the files for you but you have to do the work which is why i advised the crash course and the skeleton plugin. 

crash course -  https://wiki.oxwall.com/dev:crash-course

skeleton plugin - https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/695

Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
Checking it out now. And which files?
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
give me a little bit please i am multi tasking here. :)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »