We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Wall Posts | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
Haha okay sorry! I am so noob at this stuff. I'm trying to learn but my brain is taking a bit to catch up
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
You are welcome to use any of my free plugins as examples to help you. 
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
I have your gif uploader! So do I create the files on my computer? I have a script editor I can use. I am so noob hahaha Sorry if my question is stupid.
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
Also I found an article with the script I just am not sure if it's correct XD
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
There is no such thing as a stupid question, the only thing stupid is to stress over it and not ask.  

Now, you can use notepad, programmers notepad, or notepad ++  those are the 3 popular ones. But never use a word processor program  for code files, it has hidden characters and will really mess up your files. 

Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
I have notepad++
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
you also need to download this program it will help you tremendously find stuff. 

https://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack

it is a search utility, you download and unpack oxwall and then point this to the oxwall files and do your searches.  After a while you will get a hang of what to search for to find what your looking for.  The oxwall script has every example you can think of, that is how we do it, we follow their lead... but we have to find it first.  And i use this software, it has saved me zillions of hours.  

Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
Awesome! Thanks so much!
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
np,  sometimes i have had to start with the lang key and work my way thru to find the code using that search.. It will give you every instance of a word or file.  

Just put the search word in "   like  "word"      

and the file location part of it 

just do the main disk like c:\    and every time you put a \ it will show you that dir, then you just keep putting \ until you are in the oxwall dir 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 18 '16
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
So I can't find just ow_plugins....but there is ow_system_plugins...is it the same?
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
no the system plugins is different, it is for system type plugins that are used with the oxwall core.  
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
which do you want to start with the photo rating?
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
I don't care about photo rating so much as I do likes and comments. 
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
ok one min 
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
sorry im trying to multi task here and wrong person ooops... 

ok let me find the file for you that has to do with likes and comments on the wall 

dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
OK sorry i had to reread this a bit.   So lets tackle one thing at a time so you dont get confused and i dont get confused.  Lets stay away from the term wall, its an old term and it gets used for many things and confuses people.  Lets talk about a specific page display and ill help you figure out what to do. 

You have two things you ask for:

Newsfeed on the profile not to be site wide

Comments and Replies on wall posts, please tell me what exactly you mean by wall posts, can i see a screen shot please  

dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
And i do sincerely apologize for that, you have my time now, i bit off more than i could chew there for a bit.  again sorry about that, but we are on track now.. my time is yours
The Forum post is edited by dave May 18 '16
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
Okay so in groups and on profiles you can post comments, but not like or reply. I would like to be able to reply and like those comments. The News Feed doesn't post to the group or profile the same way, it is site wide. I would really like to keep all group content private to the group and not seen by friends not in the group on the news feed.
Danielle
Danielle May 18 '16
No apologies necessary. Thank you for your time!
dave Leader
dave May 18 '16
do you have your groups and forums synced
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »