We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add new user role permissions? | Forum

Magnus
Magnus May 15 '16
Hello, i have searched both this forum and also other pages and in my admin section, but i could not find where to setup new user role permission.

Is this even possible in Oxwall (im actually using skadate, but this may be a feature for Oxwall)?

The role i am looking for to add, is that paid members should be abel to define search for more than free users.
Like: Hair color/Body type/eye color etc. etc.

Thank you all :)

Magnus
Magnus May 16 '16
Anyone? :(
dave Leader
dave May 16 '16
You will have to contact skadate support Magnus, we are forbidden contractually from providing support for Skadate users.   If you do not know how to contact their support team i can help you with that information.  But you should have been informed how to do that when you purchased the software. 
Magnus
Magnus May 16 '16
aha.. Thanks for your reply :)

Well, i know how to contact skadate, but i guess this is not "skadate" related :)

However, i will ask them about it then ;)

or maybe post a question about it here, and leave the "Skadate" out?

Or is that agains forum policy?

Thank You

dave Leader
dave May 16 '16
May i ask what the huge deal is about asking skadate support?  You sound like you dont want to ask them lol.  Is there a reason?   

I do not know the specifics but we were told at one time that an agreement exists between Oxwall and Skadate that we were not to assist their clients, they must use the skadate support available to them. 

I do apologize but that is the way things have to be done. 

dave Leader
dave May 16 '16
Of course using oxwall i would just go to admin-> users -> user roles 
The Forum post is edited by dave May 16 '16
Magnus
Magnus May 17 '16
No, its not a reason, but my thought is that this is Oxwall related, since Skadate is built on Oxwall :)

Skadate is actually a plugin and some custom code of Oxwall.

I also have Oxwall installed on another server, but was not abel to add a new "custom made" role.
Not the role itselfs, but a new custom Action for the specific role :)

Hope you understand what i mean ;)

dave Leader
dave May 17 '16
PM me your oxwall site url please or you can reply with it here whichever.. 
ross Team
ross May 17 '16
Magnus, please check this tutorial: https://wiki.oxwall.com/user-manual:users:user-roles
Magnus
Magnus May 17 '16
Thank you, i have see that page before, but that is not what i want..

see this page:

http://www.antonsson.be/custom-user-role.png

I made this in photoshop as an example :)

dave Leader
dave May 17 '16
OK not sure how you would do that unless you make a plugin to do that, i guess you could change the core but we don't recommend you do that. 

But this will get you on the right track.  With a plugin you do so by calling a authorization class.  Download my free gifuploader plugin and see how its done.  Half the code is in the install php file on the bottom and the other half is in the init php file. 

Note:  the true value in the install file in that code is to add the option for the guest visitor.

here is the plugin link. 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1095

And that is only the first step, that will just give you the options, then you would need to add the additional standard auth code modified for each plugin, to each and every file that does the search.  And that can be found in that free plugin in the controllers/gifaction.php file near the top of the index function.

The Forum post is edited by dave May 17 '16
ross Team
ross May 17 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Magnus
Magnus May 19 '16
Thank you!
I am not that good in PHP, but i will try and see if i can figure it out :)

Always nice to learn something new tough :)