We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New idea how to go about this plugin. - OF Counter | Forum

JoshWho
JoshWho May 16 '16
Ok i believe there is a script you can enable to make the push notification not appear if you are viewing the page of the site that it is set to.

Also when someone logs out of the social site it should also unsubscribe them from getting push notifications.

If this could be implemented then it will be complete.

Sean
Sean May 16 '16
Why would you not want them to get push notifications when they log out?

Surely they would want the notifications so they know if they have a new message etc, it would also encourage people to log into your site more etc.

JoshWho
JoshWho May 16 '16
because for example if I logged out at my house and went somewhere else and logged back in there my push notifications is still popping up at my house bothering anyone using my computer.

I was looking at how facebook's works and when you click log out it unsubscribes you so you are not getting the push to the browser that you are not using anymore, and it subscribes the new browser you are using. The only time i want push notifications is if I am logged in to the site.

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho May 16 '16
JoshWho
JoshWho May 16 '16
by doing this will also teach people a habit of logging out when they do not want to get notifications at the moment. 
JoshWho
JoshWho May 16 '16
there should be a idle period when the user exits the page and  still get the notifications but after that idle it should unsubscribe.

If a user directly logs out it should immediately unsubscribe the browser for their notifications. 

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho May 16 '16
Sean
Sean May 17 '16
I see what you mean, I will look into getting it added to a future update.

Thanks,

JoshWho
JoshWho May 17 '16
Good deal looking forward to it. 
Anitaku
Anitaku Jul 9 '16
+1  Looking forward to this addition being added. Would be fantastic. I'm having similar issues to do with this. :)
Vincent Ka
Vincent Ka Aug 23 '16
For those reading this now, I just installed this plugin this morning 23/08/2016 and there is an option to "only send notifications when user is logged out."

Looks like the developer added this feature.
JoshWho
JoshWho Aug 26 '16
no it is not what we are asking for. 

there should be a idle period when the user exits the page and  still get the notifications but after that idle it should unsubscribe.

If a user directly logs out it should immediately unsubscribe the browser for their notifications. 

Also the pop up should only be shown if you are not viewing the tab of the site. Currently it shows when on the site and off the site. 

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Aug 26 '16
Sean
Sean Aug 27 '16
Fear not guys. A huge update is almost ready. I've just been short on time lately. 
JoshWho
JoshWho Aug 28 '16
Sounds great. can't wait to see it. 
You do not have permission to reply this topic