We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add captcha in registration screen | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Eman
Eman May 20 '16
I am currently using Oxwall 1.7.2
Have not been dealing with user registration options for a while.
How can I add a captcha to the registration page to avoid spam?
Actually, in general, I do not see how to reach the registration screen to configure it or change login settings.

The Forum post is edited by Eman May 20 '16
dave Leader
dave May 20 '16
You can try this free plugin here, i dont know if it works or not but you can try it 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/676

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 21 '16
Yes. it works. It replaces the standard captcha with recaptcha in the main areas. it isn't integrated with contact us though. That will still display the standard captcha for non members.
Eman
Eman May 21 '16
Great, thank you.
I am just wondering how come I still get spam despite the standard captcha? How would the recaptcha work better in preventing spam?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 21 '16
captchas are more of a deterrent for spammers. The recaptcha is more user friendly; especially if they are visually impaired. Both require human interaction. This makes it more difficult for bots to proceed.
Eman
Eman May 22 '16
Thank you for the clarification.
The Forum post is edited by Eman May 26 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 22 '16
I would say yes.  There have been nice improvements along with bug fixes since 1.7.2. The latest version, 1.8.3, is the first to begin addressing some much requested SEO feature  improvements. There may be some extra steps to take when upgrading from 1.7.2 to 1.8.3. Ross, or Dave may have to help answer that. You will need to post that as a separate forum topic. As for mobile capable, you can find responsive themes in the store.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B May 22 '16
ross Team
ross May 23 '16
Darryl +1

Eman, one request per topic please.