We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.8.3 crashed our site just blank pages HELP!!! | Forum

Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan May 23 '16
Hi, i just upgraded form 1.8.2 to 1.8.3 and now i cant access any pages just see blank pages???? HELP

www.purelyonlineracing.com

Thanks in advance

Steven Keenan
Giovanni
Giovanni May 23 '16
You have to set a minium PHP Version 5.5 on your server.

What´s your current version ?

Musik
Musik May 23 '16
Hey, Steven. I'm not an Oxwall dev, but been through this and it's been happening a lot with this update. Quick question that may help: What is your PHP version? Oxwall 1.8.3 requires PHP 5.5 to run.

You can check your PHP version in your cPanel or through phpinfo(). To learn more about phpinfo() and what it is/what it does, see here. It pretty much shows the current PHP version of your site. You'll likely not need phpinfo() if your cPanel lists this information, but just in case or for future reference, this is how to check it:

Find the following file: 

ow_includes/config.php

After this line:

<?php

Insert the following:

phpinfo();

Save the file then refresh your site. It should list the PHP version. I recommending screenshotting that info for future reference. To un-do this, just remove phpinfo(); from your config.php file and save again.

The Forum post is edited by Musik May 23 '16
Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan May 23 '16
Hi, sorry for my lack of knowledge but i have attached a screenshot can you tell from this...
Attachments:
  1.PNG (65Kb)
Giovanni
Giovanni May 23 '16
you are in the Database.....

contact me by PN please - so i can help you

ross Team
ross May 23 '16
Steven what is your php version, follow the instructions Musik provided to you? 
ross Team
ross May 23 '16
Besides Steven, seems like something is wrong with the server, you don't have a blank page, seems like your server does not respond, contact your hosting provider first. 
Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan May 24 '16
Hi Ross, never had a problem until i updated the platform. Contacted hosting to see what they can see.
Steven Keenan
Steven Keenan May 25 '16
Hi Ross, contacted hosting and they done the following...

Hi Purely,

Thanks, the site is pointed to the new server now. I've set the PHP version to 5.5 from cPanel - Select PHP version too. Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,

Dominic Taylor

but now what do i do as i cant access the site all the pages are blank
ross Team
ross May 25 '16
Clear the browser cache, as everything opens and looks as it should on my side. See screenshots
Steve Winter
Steve Winter May 26 '16
If you have cPanel go look up your PHP version.  Change it to 5.5 or above.  That fixed my site immediately.

Steve