We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ideas for Classifieds plugin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am going to start on Classifieds plugin. Your ideas and suggestions are welcome on this.
jeo
jeo Jun 27 '12
yes mate go for it :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Features Completed:

1) Add a new classifieds item
2) Edit an item
3) View an item
4) Privacy Settings
5) Role based permissions
6) Other members can comment on the item
7) Different currency can be set up for different classifieds item
8) Posting to newsfeed when an user adds a new item
9) Quick Link Widget
10) Content Menu Item
jeo
jeo Jun 27 '12
yes great how logn will this take? :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Couple of weeks to complete 100%
jeo
jeo Jun 27 '12
great :)
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Friends,

I have completed a basic version of Oxwall Classifieds plugin.

http://www.iyaffle.com/oxwall-demo/classifieds/list-all

Please give a try and let me know your comments, ideas, suggestions and future requests.

You can also view the Admin section with the below details.

Admin user: Purus
Password: Test@123

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Adding and editing Images is in progress. Payment setup also in progress. Apart from these other features work.
Stan Thompson
Stan Thompson Jul 4 '12
You need to be able to specifie what Country you live in too and not only City Purus. plus a photo of the product would be nice too!

But I have a question what if you purchase an Item but when you receive it, and it turns out to be not what you expected, how do we go about trying to get our money back for that item?
Nishant
Nishant Jul 14 '12
I was trying to use oxwall for my social site but I could not just because of the classifieds. I am glad that you are working on it. I actually used buddypress awcp plugin. I was able to modify that to display ads based on location.

It would be great if you could add this functionality. Check users IP using maxmind free geoCityLite and then by default display ads from his region/country only and then ability to change country. That would be really great.. I can also help you with stuffs.. If you want.. let me know.

nishant322@hotmail.com
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Nishant. I am planning to release the basic version first and add more request one by one.

You can test the pluging and let me know if there are any bugs in it.

http://iyaffle.com/oxwall-demo/
procure life
procure life Jul 16 '12
Will it be free? I want to tell you that i am from bangladesh, and i am just a student of high school, for that sometimes 5$ is a great worry for me and in my country its not very easy to transfer money using paypal. So this is a request to you that, please try to make your plugin open. Otherwise some people like me will not be able to use this. thanks :)
Edy
Edy Jul 16 '12
lol how u manage to host your website @procure?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
@Procure: The plugin won't be free as I put lot of efforts on development apart from my regular job.

I do understand that due to INR value depreciation, buying in dollars is hard and loss for many Indians and asians. I am trying to find other better way for payments.
Alexander Samakin
Alexander Samakin May 23 '13
Here is russian translation from me.
Attachments:
  language_ru.zip (3.63Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks Alexander.