We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Platform Update 1.8.3 Parse error | Forum

Chuck Zwicker
Chuck Zwicker May 24 '16
Hi I am new to oxwall and not much of a programmer, was doing the platform update to 1.8.3 ran it and went to click to go back on community and get this error. I know it is on the line 376 but not sure what to change.  Does anyone have an idea that might help me.  Thank you

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home2/czwicker/public_html/network/ow_core/developer_tools.php on line 376
Chuck Zwicker
Chuck Zwicker May 24 '16
I updated to php 5.5 and it works fine now. will leave it here just in case someone else has same problem. 
Geordan chavis
Geordan chavis May 24 '16
I am new as well and I've had the same problem. Now that its fixed I can't update any of my plugins. Are you having the same problem?
Chuck Zwicker
Chuck Zwicker May 25 '16
No, I was able to update the plugins right away after I updated the php to 5.5.  My guess is your server might not update right away, I would run update to PHP 5.5 and then wait about 12-24 hours and try it later and see what happens.
ross Team
ross May 26 '16
ross Team
ross May 30 '16
Franz, what is your php version? 
Matt
Matt May 31 '16
Just to confirm the error solution for me:

Upgrade your PHP version to 5.5 or above on your server. GoDaddy is currently set to 5.4. This fixed it for me.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home2/czwicker/public_html/network/ow_core/developer_tools.php on line 376

john
john Apr 17 '18

what do you guys think about Back4app as the best Parse alternative

for developing scalable and extensible applications? is anyone using the platform?