We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Let me take this moment to thank these Developers | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi May 25 '16
Hi Oxwallers,

I know on the forums mostly we have :

* Complaints,
* Developers who disappear with our money,
* Developers who don't update their plugins,
* Broken sites due to plugins poor coding and failure to test plugins proper

Sometimes we are so frustrated we overlook Developers who do good work for us and even go out of their way to assist. I would like to take this Opportunity to thank the Following Developers who have helped me during the past 3 years with the issues i had but mostly One developers who helped me with an issue i had on my network http://www.myvirgo.info for 3 years is Skalfa LLC and i wasn't aware until this week when i had an issue with a plugin i bought from him not only did he fix his plugin or assist me to find a solution he went out of his way to notice a JS code issue which was my breaking my website. 1st being the best to work with in numeric order.

1. Skalfa LLC
2. Sean
3. Dave
4. Sardar
5. Purusothaman Ramanujam

After updating to 1.8.3 i couldn't operate my site because some links would not work or drop downs like as mentioned on this pic :

It was caused by a plugin "Back to Top" which was last updated in 2013 : https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/287  

When i started with oxwall in 2013 the first plugin was this one and i never could find out which plugin was giving issues. I have 50+ plugin running on my site so to disable all of them is a nuisance because even some plugins loose their place holders on my dashboard and profile page when disabled so i tried to stay away from that. After i disabled "Back to Top" my site was working again because for 2 weeks i could not click on links.

--- THE ISSUE ----

Plugins that are not updating really cost us

* Traffic
* Google Ranking ( Because sites are mostly down, Slow or Broken)

I wish developers could be like these dev.'s i applauded, if they want to make money and gain trust. Word of mouth is very powerful and i'm one person who supports or buy products that add value to me.

Oxwall should have a vacation mode for developers so that we know if they are not available or thry are just ignoring us. Sometimes we know people have things to do at least if vacation mode is on we know the person is busy. A vacation mode with a notification when the dev. is back rather than sending messages to people who don't respond and we don't know if they are ignoring us or have emergencies. This is a recommendation.

But all - in - all......THANKS TO THESE GUYS, keep up the good work but mostly.....

Ross
....YOU ARE THE OXWALL LIFE LINE NOW, KEEP IT UP :)
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi May 25 '16
dave Leader
dave May 25 '16
Thanks Webster, really nice to hear kinds words like that, thank you very much.  Ross how do i apply for paid vacation time lmao... :)  

Really good idea Webster :)

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 30 '16
really kind words webster in this times we need bring up more good feedback :)

i agree with you things is much better and i think will bee much better :)