We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Free Content Templates? | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 1 '16
Hi

Anyone who knows free contents templates that look very nice?

I will use that when i create new pages on my website, because now there is only ONE big html box when you create new pages.

Please any websites links where i can download free Content templates that look really good.

/Marcus

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 1 '16
ross Team
ross Jun 1 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
do you want oxwall only or just any templates that you can edit
dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
I used to get mine here and then just mod them. As long as you have an attribution somewhere on the site of where you got them then i think your good to go. At least that was my experience but its been a long time so check the rule first. 

https://freewebsitetemplates.com/

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '16
I need only the CONTENT templates. because when you create a new page everything is there put not the content. 

If you notice there is only 1 big HTML box where you can insert your content for that new page

dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
so just make a new page and everything will be there but the content and then add the content. 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '16
yes but i need layout for the content that look good with photos and more
dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
How about inside the page just do a simple html table. How many pics across do you want and how many rows. 

Thing is i dont think your going to find any page content themes, they are all custom that i know of and no one that i know of is handing them out.   So ill help you make one and i hope darryl can help too cause he knows css.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 2 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '16
yes i was thinking about that, but it would bee much easier if i have a template that i could modify little.

i was thinking 2 titles and 2 pictures and then content

dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
what theme are you using for your site 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '16
it is a skadate theme but it have nothing to do with the new pages i create, because new pages are same on oxwall theme to i think. a BIG html box where you can input pictures and content.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '16
anyways i think i will create a simple html table with images ,titles and content on my own i will use a html editor easy more
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '16
one question is it possible with html code add a video in MOV format ? you know how to do that or where i can read about it? or i will try google it my self
dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
you can display anything you want in a html box, you just have to have the link to it and some embed code 
dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
something like this 

<table class="ow_table_4 ow_form" style="border: 1px solid;" width="700px">

<tr> 

<td width="50%" align="center">picture 1</td>

<td width="50%" align="center"> picture 2</td>

</tr>      

<tr>

<td  colspan="2" align="center">  content </td>

</tr>

</table>

easy :)

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 2 '16

i see you good at html :)

and if you do video what code you use? for fit many desktop screen sizes as possible can?
dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
Thats why you use percent instead of fixed number, because percent makes it adjustable to any screen.  If i put width="250px" then its always 250 px no matter what screen size and that is where people mess up. You should always use percent instead.

you dont have any control over the video code if it is an embed code, you just have to hope that the people giving you the code had that built into their embed code.  At least thats my experience. Oh yes you can do if this or if that, but that is smarty or php, not html. 

And darryl would be better to ask that because he knows css better than me, i just know the basics.

Plus remember i dont code for mobile, i dont own a mobile device so i dont code for it.   

dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
something like this maybe 

is this and im sure darryl can improve on that for sure 

<style type="text/css">
.video {

display:inline;

margin-left:auto;

margin-right:auto;

padding-top: 20px;

}

.ctable {

margin-left:auto;

margin-right:auto;

border: 1px solid;

}

.textcontent {
text-justify:inter-word;
}

</style>

<table class="ctable" width="700px">

<tr>

<td width="50%" class="video">whatever your embed code is </td> 

<td width="50%" class="video">another embed code </td>

</tr>  

<tr> 

<td  colspan="2" class="textcontent">It is a long established fact that a reader will be distracted by the readable content of a page when looking at its layout. The point of using Lorem Ipsum is that it has a more-or-less normal distribution of letters, as opposed to using 'Content here, content here', making it look like readable English. Many desktop publishing packages and web page editors now use Lorem Ipsum as their default model text, and a search for 'lorem ipsum' will uncover many web sites still in their infancy. Various versions have evolved over the years, sometimes by accident, sometimes on purpose (injected humour and the like).</td>

</tr>

</table>

and i dont think the css is working on this, its in the source but i dont see it working.  May have to move that css over to the admin head section code, not sure. 

dave Leader
dave Jun 2 '16
no wonder its text/css not .  lmao oops

i change it to display:inline;  also 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 3 '16
but that is css code can i put that inside the html box?
Pages: 1 2 »