We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Layout & Style question - Paid Membership | Forum

Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 7 '16
Hello,

I need to know where to go to edit the layout and color styles. I know it's in CSS but I have no access to it via admin that I can find, so please let me know which file it is in and I will take care of the issues.

The color is obviously picking up a random color from my site template but which one? That green isn't really in use on the site.

Also, I see issues with alignment - large blank spaces and then text smashed close together.

thank you,

Bridgette 

Attachments:
  color&space.JPG (57Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 8 '16

Hello Bridgette,

The class for the column is:

.ow_highbox_table .ow_highbox, .ow_highbox

This is standard class which is used for all highlighted elements in the tables on the page.

As for the empty space - the column of services has no fixed width, it's responsive and depends on the screen width.

For example if you change the width for the entire table:

.ow_table_1, .ow_table_2, .ow_table_3 {

width: 84%;

}

you will see that the width of this column becomes smaller.

Let us know if you have further questions.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Jun 8 '16
Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 9 '16
Hmm. I am sure that makes sense to web developers but it sounds like mush to me.

.ow_highbox_table .ow_highbox, .ow_highbox

Where would I find these? Can I do an override in the CSS on admin side to make the check boxes black so they are able to be seen?

Sorry for not being a web dev. That's not my skillset. :) 

thanks for any push to the correct steps,

Bridgette

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 10 '16
Bridgette, we are a bit puzzled. First you asked to change the green color, now you want to change the color of icons. Could you please provide us with the exact areas you want to be changed and we provide you with the styles you can use.
Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 10 '16
I need to change one or the other. I have a white ic_ok.svg file displaying on an almost white background.

So the contrast in the tables needs to be increased in some way.

I edited the svg file and made the checkmark black but that didn't show up when I cleared cache.

I have tried to change the color of the columns in that table, but again, it does not show up as changed.

So I am really just asking where to edit to make sure the changes are applied.

thank you,

Bridgette

PS I have tried several templates and this is a problem with many of them. 

Examples attached: 

Ethos highlights the free membership and has soft silver on dark green in that column. We want to highlight paid memberships.

Flatty Theme - White on white, completely unusable. It looks like we don't give any features to the paying members. :)

thanks!

The Forum post is edited by Bridgette Jun 10 '16
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 10 '16
Bridgette, may we know your website URL?

As for the highlighted columns, the system highlights the current membership assigned to a user. If you for example, upgrade your account to a paid membership and go to the Subscription page, you will see that the paid membership column will be highlighted for you.

Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 10 '16
All I am asking is where to edit the colors and you are saying so much other stuff.

I am sorry this is so confusing and difficult but I gave you two example screenshots. Can you not see the issue?

I wish to be able to change the colors to match my site and allow members to actually see what is being communicated. White check marks on white bg does not work.

The column colors highlighting current membership level is good to know. I wasn't aware. Thanks. I would still like to change the color a bit, so it matches our site theme.

I do not want to post url here - we're not open yet. If you 'really' need it, because a screenshot and all these posts don't explain what I am asking about, I can pm it.

cheers,

Bridgette

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 10 '16

Sorry for confusing you. The fact is that you've already made the changes, so to find out the reason why the icons do not appear or how come that the color of the highlighted column is differs from your main site palette,  we need to check it at your website directly. Also, the styles may be different from theme to theme, so the solution we will provide may not work at your theme.

Anyway, here is the styles for the Simplicity theme:

To change the highlighted column color:

.ow_highbox_table .ow_highbox, .ow_highbox {    
backgroundred none repeat scroll 0 0;    

bordermedium none;    

box-shadow0 0 1px #eff2f5;

}

replace the red value with the color code of your choice.

To change the icon you should use these styles:
html body div .ow_ic_ok {    

background-imageurl("images/ic_ok.svg");

}

replace the images/ic_ok.svg with your image URL. You can upload your custom icon via Admin Area > Appearance > Customize > Graphics tab.

All the changes can be done via Admin Area > Appearance > Customize > CSS tab.

If this doesn't help, you can PM your website URL and test account access details.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Jun 10 '16
Bridgette
Bridgette Jun 10 '16
That was exactly what I needed - thank you! As you can see, I just replaced the svg file and now, it looks a million times better. 

Cheers!

Attachments:
  perfect_thanks.JPG (24Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 13 '16
Glad to hear that our solution helped to solve the issue. Let us know if you have any further questions.
You do not have permission to reply this topic