We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Some things on my site are broken | Forum

Matthew Suddaby
Matthew Suddaby Jun 7 '16
On my website, some things are broken. For example, on the mobile site, the side menu won't load. On the desktop, it will also be in an infinite load cycle. Another problem is when you try to sign in, it will say "parseerror" and nothing will happen. I suspect the cron jobs, which I have tried to set up in my cpanel, but my website doesn't detect they're there. Can anyone help?

Also, within my Admin panel, it also does a constant load cycle while I try to edit stuff.

Also, The chat won't work either.
The Forum post is edited by Matthew Suddaby Jun 7 '16
ross Team
ross Jun 7 '16
Matthew, other things don't work on your website too, like uploading avatar and it does not show any error in the console. 

What is your software version? 
What is your php version? 

Matthew Suddaby
Matthew Suddaby Jun 8 '16

Quote from ross Matthew, other things don't work on your website too, like uploading avatar and it does not show any error in the console. 

What is your software version? 
What is your php version? 

Platform version 1.8.3 (build 10600)

PHP Version 

The Forum post is edited by Matthew Suddaby Jun 8 '16
Matthew Suddaby
Jesus what happened to the formatting on my last post?
dave Leader
dave Jun 8 '16
is your host bluehost?
Matthew Suddaby

Quote from dave is your host bluehost?

Nope. Byethost.

dave Leader
dave Jun 8 '16
OK, i ask because we have been having some issues with bluehost and php 5.6.  Just so you know that the performance of oxwall on php 5.6 is intermittent.  It works best on php 5.5

Check to see if the original oxwall htaccess file is in the oxwall root.  Ross may want to look at that tonight when he gets in. 

Matthew Suddaby

Quote from dave OK, i ask because we have been having some issues with bluehost and php 5.6.  Just so you know that the performance of oxwall on php 5.6 is intermittent.  It works best on php 5.5

Check to see if the original oxwall htaccess file is in the oxwall root.  Ross may want to look at that tonight when he gets in. 

alright thanks. I don't know if byethost will allow you to downgrade, but I'll try the root access thing.
Matthew Suddaby

Quote from Matthew Suddaby
Quote from dave OK, i ask because we have been having some issues with bluehost and php 5.6.  Just so you know that the performance of oxwall on php 5.6 is intermittent.  It works best on php 5.5

alright thanks. I don't know if byethost will allow you to downgrade, but I'll try the root access thing.
It's on the root of the directory, so that's not it.
ross Team
ross Jun 10 '16
Matthew, did you install 1.8.3 or update to 1.8.3?

please pm me your cpanel access details and admin website access details, I'll take a look at the issue