We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Where to look for this 500.phtml error | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Larry Davidson
Larry Davidson Jun 26 '12

I'm getting the following 500.phtml error. Am I wrong in assuming that this is caused the system looking for the Tahoma font? I've checked the BASE.CSS taken out all references to the font, and I don't see it theme general settings. Anyone have an idea where I should look for the problem?

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"><html>  <head>    <title></title>    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">  </head>  <body style="font:18px Tahoma;">    Error 500<br />Internal Server Error.  </body></html>

Thanks

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes. Your assumption is wrong.

There is someother error in your oxwall. To find the reason, in the ow_includes/config.php file, make the DEBUG option to true. This will be at the end of the file.

After doing this, again open the page that causes the problem. Now you will see the issue.
Larry Davidson
Larry Davidson Jun 27 '12
Hi Purusothanman,

Thanks for your reply. Appears it was a cron job problem. After the update 1.4 there were more than 200,000 files generated for 500.phtml all with the same message in 2 1/2 days. 

Using wget in the cron seems to be the problem. Changed the option to curl and it stopped the 500.phtml files from being written.

Thanks again for your reply.

Larry

The Forum post is edited by Larry Davidson Jun 27 '12