We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Events only show month in detail view | Forum

Mariano
Mariano Jun 8 '16
After create a event view the fields for date start (Date&time) and end field (Event ends) only shows month, not days nor hours, only Jun

version 1.8.3 (build 10600)

event updated to last version

dave Leader
dave Jun 8 '16
yours does not look like this ?

if not please share a screen shot of what you see. 

thanks 

Mariano
Mariano Jun 8 '16
yes, exactly like that, but, after the event its created if i go to the details ex. /event/<event_id> the fields of start date and end date only shows the month, but, if i click on edit event the dates are OK, so maybe its a problem of the view
dave Leader
dave Jun 8 '16
after i created the event it takes me to this page where i see the times. 

yours does not look like that ?

ross Team
ross Jun 9 '16
Mariano are you using default theme? 
Mariano
Mariano Jun 9 '16

Quote from dave after i created the event it takes me to this page where i see the times. 

yours does not look like that ?

Rigth there, (details view of the event) insted of seeing "Jun 9, 04:00" it only shows "Jun" or "Junio" (im using spanish as default)

Quote from ross Mariano are you using default theme? 

Im using ShowCase but if i change to Simplicity the issue its there too.

The Forum post is edited by Mariano Jun 9 '16
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '16
Does the issue persists in English? 
Mariano
Mariano Jun 9 '16
Yes, default theme + english only shows me the month.

I will try to make a dev test site and play around this, becouse i didnt change anything related

One side question:

Im looking at the database and the field startTimeStamp in ow_event_item its an INT, why not timestamp type?

Mariano
Mariano Jun 9 '16
Guys,

I just tried a fresh default install 1.8.3 same os (win10) and the issue persists.

can be a problem on Windows Only?

Mariano
Mariano Jun 9 '16
i realized that other parts of the site have the same problem, its maybe a time calculation issue becouse in member list its shows: Activity: May without day included and in the older items in newsfeed it shows the same. :(
dave Leader
dave Jun 9 '16
Mariano as per your one question about timestamp, its perfectly normal to store them as integers, i prefer to do this myself, i feel it gives me more control.  But see here also...

http://stackoverflow.com/...-timestamps-directly

ross Team
ross Jun 10 '16
I see in your post you have Oxwall installed on xampp Windows 10, did you do installation manually or via some autoinstaller?
Mariano
Mariano Jun 10 '16

Quote from ross I see in your post you have Oxwall installed on xampp Windows 10, did you do installation manually or via some autoinstaller?

Manually, from the source, viewing in more details the stamps in the platform, the "1 minute ago, yesterday "  calculations are OK, the code fails to mention days with month like: 11 June

dave Leader
dave Jun 10 '16
Makes me wonder what the data looks like in the table itself?
Mariano
Mariano Jun 11 '16

Quote from dave Makes me wonder what the data looks like in the table itself?

Attachments:
  aa_event_stamps.png (9Kb)
ross Team
ross Jun 13 '16
Mariano, can you pm me your admin access details from the website and cpanel access to the server, I'll take a look at the issue. 
Mariano
Mariano Jun 13 '16

Quote from ross Mariano, can you pm me your admin access details from the website and cpanel access to the server, I'll take a look at the issue. 
its in my pc, dont have any cpanel :) its a xampp instalation, take any windows 7 or win10 pc, download latest xampp and install oxwall, or we can coordinate and you can check with teamviewer ;)
ross Team
ross Jun 14 '16
Ok, we were able to reproduce the issue, seems like it happens only on local installation with xampp and windows, we can't reproduce the issue on live, linux hosted sites. I have passed the issue to the devs, it will be fixed asap.