We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What File(s) Do I Need To Edit | Forum

Earl
Earl Jun 14 '16
Hi I've transferred my membership from my site that used another type of dating software by using the CSV file importer found in the store and I have uploaded my members photos to the ow_userfiles/plugins/photo directory. I had to add two additional columns to the ow_photo table in the database. I am using this https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/12723 as a starting point and a reference as to what I need to do to link the photos with the proper member(s). I am not a coder and I hope that I am on the right track. Anyways, my question is what file(s) do I need to edit to add the additional database columns. Thanks in advance and any help would be greatly appreciated
The Forum post is edited by Earl Jun 14 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 14 '16
Every table has a tablename.php file and a tablename_dao.php file in the BOL directory. You would add the extra field names in the tablename.php file

Also remember when update time comes you may have issues because your changes in the code will be overwritten and if they add a column to that table then your changes in that file will be overwitten and your site might crash because of db error. 

I do not recommend editing the core files for this reason. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 14 '16
Earl
Earl Jun 14 '16
Thank you for your response and valuable input, that makes sense to me. What would you recommend to link the transferred member photps with the member?
ross Team
ross Jun 15 '16
Earl, you will need to write a script of migration in order to do that. 
ross Team
ross Jun 15 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.