We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Index Page not working | Forum

Jinu Thomas
Jinu Thomas Jun 18 '16
Hi,

I am new to Oxwall. I have installed oxwall in my site. It's working fine except the main page (index page). It happens when I am logged in. If I am logged out, I can view the usual main page with news feed and all. But when I am logged in, the same main page showing 404 error.

Error text: 

Not Found

The requested URL /index was not found on this server.

So Please help me solve this issue. I am still working on my site. Your immediate replies will help me to finish it fast.

Thanks for Reading

Jinu Thomas

The Forum post is edited by Jinu Thomas Jun 18 '16
Jinu Thomas
Jinu Thomas Jun 18 '16
it's not a theme issue. I have checked the page using other themes.No luck!!
Jinu Thomas
Jinu Thomas Jun 18 '16
I have checked the index.php in directory. It's there. Then why it's showing page not found.
dave Leader
dave Jun 18 '16
have you cleared your cache with dev mode on?   Try this plugin its free and easier to do 

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/579

if that does not work then tell us what kind of setup you have. 

Did you install oxwall manually by DL the software or did you use autoinstaller?

Is this on a apache/cpanel setup?

What version of oxwall 1.8.3 ?

what is  your site url?

also make sure the htaccess is in the site root and that there is code inside the file.

also make sure that the main page is in the first position in the admin pages section.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 18 '16
ross Team
ross Jun 19 '16
Jinu, what do you have as HOME URI in config.php file? 
Alyon
Alyon Feb 18 '17
Hi,I also have a problem, I'm new to Oxwall, apparently equal to Jinu Thomas, I tried to find solutions, but as soon as I click on the "MAIN" I get this error:

Error text: 

Not Found

The requested URL /index was not found on this server.

I looked for a solution in the forum but there is no clarity it logika in this error someone who can help me

dave Leader
dave Feb 19 '17
Make sure the address is correct in the config file

Make sure your mod security is off

Make sure you have refreshed your lang files, just open one of them up and click save. 

I am delerious with the flu at the moment, so i hope what i just typed is not jibberish, i will check back in a day or so.