We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Attention Everyone At Oxwall - Important | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16

I changed the title because this effects us all... 

Please check to see if you have your plugins listed on this site... 

www dot oxdate dot org

It appears to be a copy of oxwall and the store and my plugins are in there and i did not authorize them to sell my plugins.  

Please let me know if your plugins are in there too so we can stop this madness.  I am not aware of this site and i did not authorize them to do anything with my plugins. 

Dave

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 28 '16
iDragon Solution Co., Ltd
All of our plugins are there without permission.
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
I tried to look at some of them to see where the paypal went to but it said i dont have permission to access it.  
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
i have DL it to see if any of my stuff is in the core release.  Everyone who is a dev should do the same. 
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
Makes me wonder if this is Oxwall working on something different, nothing in this in their blog either. But its not the first time they didnt tell anyone until after release of something. 

Look at the hosting page its almost identical.  I wonder if this has anything to do with the down time all day this last week. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 27 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
OK i got a reply back from those who know about this site.  Here is their reply... 

--------------------

This website illegaly distributes plugins without any authorization. We did try to close this website, claimed it to hosting, reported it to authorities, but without any success.

As far as we know Oxwall team still is trying to close this website, but unfortunately we have no details about the progress.

----------------------

So does anyone have any ideas as to what we can do as a community to help stop this. 

dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
I suggest those of you with some server talent lets find out where they are hosted and try to get them shut down... 
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
I would also suggest that all developers change your password immediately just to be safe. 
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
They are hosted thru cloudflare so off we go to clourdflares FB page to report them.  Nothing like alittle public exposure to get someones attentions lol 
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
thanks reported to cloudflair as well and here is more info 

www.intodns.com/oxdate dot org

dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
oh shoot its oxdate dang i didnt notice the i dude lol omg 
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
and i just reported it to cloudflair too wow... see what happens when your pissed off, you dont pay attention to detail 
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
yes it is www dot oxdate dot org so i feel horrible now because i didnt pay attention to your link... 
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
ok lets not get oxidate involved in this at all go ahead and correct your post and ill see what i can do to cover with cloudflair, no since in involving an innocent company. 
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jun 27 '16

It looks like it's some Skalfa businnes

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Jun 28 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
yeah i know but its not, that reply i got was from skalfa and ross just confirmed it too, they have been trying to shut that site down for awhile i guess.  

And no harm done bobbi (who ran away lol) that other site that you gave the wrong name is not even a site yet, its parked... so no harm done bobbi, come back bobbi... 

we are safe, cloudflair will see the wrong name and they will understand

dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
besides i gave cloudflair this link too so they will see i made a mistake on the one link with an 'i' in it... 
The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 27 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Now that i see this, i ask to ross again, do i need to add extra protection to my code so nobody can do this with my plugins?
Senior Developer Leader
I donk't now about how is the law, but maybe we can close their paypal account? so they can not be able to sell with paypal anymore?
dave Leader
dave Jun 27 '16
that is a big undertaking legally, the best thing to do i think is to hit them from the public opinion side and the hosting side.  If we can hit FB with enough posts then maybe they will do no business and shut it down themselves. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »