We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Doesn't work as good as I thought...Needs work. - Comment editor | Forum

Steve
Steve Jul 1 '16
I just purchased the Comment Editor expecting it to only edit the comments on posts but then I found out it also edits posts too...It only edits posts and comments in the News Feed and User Dashboard but does not edit anything except comments in Groups. It also puts the php line break aka (br/ inside < >) in between the lines. If it was global and did not have the php line break in between sentences it would be worth the $20.00 but as it stands now it is only worth about $5.00.
The Forum post is edited by Steve Oct 5 '16
Anitaku
Anitaku Jul 7 '16
Thanks for letting us know mate. :) 

Appreciate your input

Walter DAVIN
Walter DAVIN Oct 5 '16
I do not quite understand the interest of this plugin. Is it possible for members to edit all comments for Oxwall?
Steve
Steve Oct 5 '16
No the only option you have is to delete and start over unless you have this plugin.

Walter DAVIN
Walter DAVIN Oct 5 '16
This is the only plugin that makes me wrong, I will like to explain! Thank you admin + manage_plugins_server_invalid_responce_error_message
Walter DAVIN
Walter DAVIN Oct 5 '16
I don't undestand !!! It's ok now :-/ Very strange
Chris Bezuidenhout
Chris Bezuidenhout Jul 1 '17
What about adapting it to edit posts with photos in the post
Steve
Steve Jul 1 '17
Chris the new version is better than the old. The new version now allows you to edit posts.

I have also found that with post with photos you have to goto the Photo page and it will allow you to edit there but for some reason it will not allow you to edit in either of the News Feeds. 

I hope that helps some.

Little bit of more tweaking and it will be well worth the $20 I spent on it when it first came out.

You do not have permission to reply this topic