We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Softaculous Script problem | Forum

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 17 '16
Yes I know you don't like to get involved on Softaculous issues. But I and my web host are tearing out our hair basically my host has been able to update the oxwall pack to 1.8.3 from 1.8.0 version.

But on a server defiantly running running PHP 5.6.0 

The installer now tells me "Required PHP version greater than equal to 5.5.0 AND found version is : 5.3.28

My host is http://webmarkster.com

The biggest problem is who is responsible to check that Softaculous scripts are checked and who is responsible in sorting this problem out webmarkster or oxwall or the poor bemused client?

Then is this problem possible to sort out?

Webmarkster quotes.

Hello,

We apologize that manual is the current solution. We did some more research and it appears to be quite a prevalent issue with Softaculous. 

--
Thank you very much.
--Webmarkster Help Deskinfo@webmarkster.com

The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 19 '16
ross Team
ross Jul 18 '16
How did you check your php version? 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 18 '16
http://www.philippinesrocks.com/phpinfo.php

they are running 5,6 as you will see
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 18 '16
oh I created a phpinfo file with this script <?php phpinfo(); ?>
ross Team
ross Jul 19 '16
Bob, the directory where you install the software can have different php version, in your case it's 5.6 and this can be achieved via some handler or level php.ini file but there original php version is still 5.3 can you request this info from your host whether there's any handler which sets the php version or any php.ini file level above because Softaculous installer can check it first. 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 19 '16
sent your comment to the web host

But what file is the software script looking for to check the Pnp version any idea?

Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 19 '16
My webhosts decided to manually install Oxwall 1.8.3 for me. As they are tearing their hair out they are the best web hosts I have ever had. I can in fact select myself what php version I wish to run with php version selector.  I have selected 5.6. I do have a php file clled changelog.php that shows the version in the root directory.

But you see with out knowing what file is selected by the install script we are left in the dark so to speak.

I am opening other websites with my host and they will be happy to install oxwall when the need.

Thanks Ross for your assistance in trying to find an answer unfortunately it something that only Softaculous  can solve.   

ross Team
ross Jul 19 '16
Are you referring to the Oxwall script installer or Softaculous? 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 20 '16
Softaculous
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Jul 20 '16
The Oxwall manual install had no problem what so ever.
ross Team
ross Jul 20 '16
Oh, I'm sorry I don't know how their installer works and to which file it is referring first.