We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"Invite new members" button not working | Forum

Bart Degryse
Bart Degryse Jul 3 '12
On /admin/permissions I have marked "By my invitation only". Now I want to invate some people by using the "Invite new members" button on /admin/users/recent. But the button doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?
Btw, I'm using the latest 1.4.0 (build 5130) version.
Thanks for any assistance.
The Forum post is edited by Bart Degryse Jul 3 '12
Johnny Jarrell
Johnny Jarrell Jul 3 '12
When you click on the button does the pop-up box appear to type in the emails for the invites? or do you get the pop-up and no invites are sent? I am running the same version and it is working on my admin screen. Seems to be a few issues about clearing the cache from your browser. Have you tried that yet?
Bart Degryse
Bart Degryse Jul 3 '12
I didn't get anything when clicking the button.
Following your advice I cleared the cache and now it works.
Thanks a lot!
Mary Phillips
Mary Phillips Jul 5 '12
I cleared the cache - identical problem and still nothing happens - no pop-up window.

Justin Holmes
Justin Holmes Jul 5 '12
i had the same issue Mary. But rather than dinking around with that widget I just added my own share button to pages using the "custome html" widget. You can be more versatile with it that way.
Mary Phillips
Mary Phillips Jul 6 '12
LOL Justin! You probably can but I am a dill when it comes to that :)

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 6 '12
Mary, can you share your site URL?
Mary Phillips
Mary Phillips Jul 6 '12
Sure - I have suspended most of the activity though

network.gypsycobweb.com

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 9 '12
Well, Mary, there is not much I can do when my profile is pending approval. Maybe you would PM me your Admin Panel details to hasten the process?