We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Existing members - Snapshot avatar | Forum

Rob
Rob Jul 24 '16

The plugin works perfectly, but why not an option for existing members so that they can change their profile picture using the webcam.?

With regards

Alex Ermashev Team
Alex Ermashev Jul 27 '16
Hello no you are not right! Your existing members can change their avatars clicking on the avatar on  profile edit page, check the screen shot:

http://joxi.net/52aN7vgIGjvLPA

Rob
Rob Jul 27 '16

Hello Alex,

Sorry, but that option don't get the members unfortunately.

Once they click on "Change Profile Picture" option on the profile , the members get the accompanying image.

There's two options,

1. search on their computer

2. or from their library.

Attachments:
  Changing_Avatar.PNG (155Kb)
Rob
Rob Jul 27 '16

Dear Alex,

If our members do it your way, the thinks that they only change their profile, the screen you shows is actually the registration form.

But if they want to change their Avatar trough their dashboard (see attachment), they gets our previous attachment.

If they wants to change the Avatar trough the profile (see attachment), they also gets our previous attachment.

With Regards,

Daydreams Exclusive

Jimmy Covington
Jimmy Covington Aug 11 '16
Was the issue of allowing existing members to use their webcam to update their profile pic? I don't want to buy this app if it doesn't work for new and existing members.
Alex Ermashev Team
Alex Ermashev Aug 14 '16

Your site members can change avatar using a webcam on the edit page http://your_site.com/profile/edit

But you also right that yours site members cannot change avatar using the avatar popup window in images your attached. I will implement this feature in a next release I will promise
Quote from Daydreams

Dear Alex,

If our members do it your way, the thinks that they only change their profile, the screen you shows is actually the registration form.

But if they want to change their Avatar trough their dashboard (see attachment), they gets our previous attachment.

If they wants to change the Avatar trough the profile (see attachment), they also gets our previous attachment.

With Regards,

Daydreams Exclusive

Rob
Rob Aug 14 '16
Great Alex, many thanks....
Jozko
Jozko May 8 '17
Hey, My members still cannot change their profile photo by webcam via profile/edit. 

Even more ... If the select file upload, the new photo appears, but after "Save" the old photo is back. After deactivating the plagin, profile photo change works fine. I use 1.8.4 version of oxwall.

Jozko
Jozko Jun 26 '17
Still no answer!!!
You do not have permission to reply this topic