We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Just find 1.8.4 is released! It is great! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
WOO
WOO Aug 3 '16

Is the avatar issue fixed? 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 3 '16
WOO what issue? Turned avatars issue? or what issue you talk about...
WOO
WOO Aug 4 '16
What I'm talking about is:

If BBB post a comment to a newsfeed posted by AAA, the avatar of this newsfeed(AAA) will be replaced by avatar of BBB.

I have tried a solution (comment a php line of /ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed_item.php), but it seems only fix "like" operation, but not for "comment" operation.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 4 '16
ahhh okey, understand. 

I have not newsfeed on my website so maybe ross or some oxwall "leader" can answer that for you...

Ebenezer from Bluetide Webs

Quote from WOO ..........

No, it hasn't. But this because the newsfeed is notifying that a comment has been made. So the avatar of the user who made the comment is displayed. I don't think it's an issue. The actual post avatar doesn't change. You can confirm this by checking profile newsfeed.
The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer from Bluetide Webs Aug 5 '16
WOO
WOO Aug 6 '16
I know your mean.

But I cannot accept this logic.

1. There is a avatar of who like or comment at bottom of the newsfeed ALREADY.
2. The avatar at left-top of a newsfeed is considered as author of the newsfeed. I think it is normal. If not, is it mess?

So.... I do think it is a issue.

Anyone agree?

Quote from Ebenezer Obasi
Quote from WOO ..........

No, it hasn't. But this because the newsfeed is notifying that a comment has been made. So the avatar of the user who made the comment is displayed. I don't think it's an issue. The actual post avatar doesn't change. You can confirm this by checking profile newsfeed.

WOO
WOO Aug 7 '16
I come here day by day and looking forward the solution.............

Day by day........

WOO
WOO Dec 2 '16
After more than one year, I am here again to see is there some miracle......