We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oops! Something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details. - Google Maps Location | Forum

Jozko
Jozko Aug 12 '16
Plugin not working after Oxwall 1.8.4 update. It shows the "Oops! Something went wrong. This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details." 

I sent also a pvt message to the developer and after 10 days no answer.Any other help?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 19 '16
Prior to to the update I didn't need the google maps api key, but after the update, I had to get one. After I that everything worked fine.

Here's the link to the post I made on it.
https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/48890
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Aug 19 '16
Jozko
Jozko Aug 20 '16
Thanks Darryl B.

The API key has been inserted, I tried also with reinstaling the plugin and nothing better. Then i created new key and voilaaaaa, the plugin with new key works as it must. I don't know what was wrong wit the old API key, ....  :-)

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 25 '16
I don't know either. Just a stab. Maybe they updated the API, and in turn the old API key may have been for the old API version. I don't know how all of that works, but definitely need the API key for the plugin to display, and work correctly. My other guess is that Google may have forced the need for the API key to track usage, and be able to contact users.
Carsten
Carsten Feb 10 '17
Did you get this to work, i have the same problem ?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 17 '17
Everything worked on my site after I got the API keys from Google. I don't use the Bing.
You do not have permission to reply this topic