We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to change the upload file size limit?[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
how to change the upload file size limit?
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 18 '16
ross Team
ross Aug 16 '16
you need to increase these values in php.ini upload_max_filesize post_max_size
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 16 '16
Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
where can I find the php.ini ?
ross Team
ross Aug 17 '16
on your server, contact your hosting provider support team to assist you with that. 
misel
misel Aug 17 '16
in your cPanel ---> Select PHP Version

Attachments:
  1.jpg (236Kb)
  2.jpg (213Kb)
dave Leader
dave Aug 17 '16
Thanks misel, 

wow even old dogs can learn new tricks, i never knew that cpanel added the ini to the panel options, i created my own php.ini file a while back, guess i didnt need to do that then... 

For those that dont know check out his images, there is a little text link on the php version selection page that says "switch to php settings" (his says options, mine says settings) and thats your php ini..  

Now if you want other stuff then that then yes youll have to do a custom one but that covers most of what anyone would want to do anyway. 

I learned something today, im happy :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 17 '16
Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
Sorry, I do not understand ?

The Forum post is edited by Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi Aug 18 '16
dave Leader
dave Aug 18 '16
That option is not available on your cpanel not sure why... So you will have to make a php.ini file, its just a text file just name it php.ini unless there is already one in your root. 
Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
how do I make the php.ini file in my cpanel?

dave Leader
dave Aug 18 '16
its just a text file, you dont create it in your cpanel, you use the file manage in cpanel to make a new file, a text file, and just name it php.ini  and thats it.. And then you can put commands in that file. 

so choose create new file

name it php.ini

under type dropdown box just select text file 

and thats it. 

dave Leader
dave Aug 18 '16
and it goes in your oxwall root. 

is your oxwall the public html or do you have oxwall as a sub dir or addon domain?

if your oxwall is the public html then the php_ini will affect all other domains under that domain you have unless they have their own php ini file, its like a global deal. 

But if your oxwall is in a dir by itself then you can put the php.ini in there and it will just affect oxwall. Its up to you how you set it up. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 19 '16
dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16
and then read this ;) 

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47341

Abdurozzaq Nurul Hadi
I still do not understand, can you explain it with images?
ross Team
ross Aug 19 '16
It will be easier for you if you contact your hosting provider and request them to assist you to increase those values. 
dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '16

This is the best i can do... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ehvhbTAhE

and thats very true ross..

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 19 '16