We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how can i desactivate sending e-mails from my oxwall? | Forum

memo
memo Aug 24 '16
Hello,

how can i desactivate sending e-mails from my oxwall?

i need a way to interdict my oxwall to send e-mails to members (notifications, or in signing up....)..

thank you..
ross Team
ross Aug 24 '16
You can disable Activity notifications plugins in the admin panel to not have any notifications, but in this case you won't have on-site notifications as well. 

Or you can set all users default value to "Never" for sending e-mail notifications, this has been discussed previously, please do the search on the fourm. 

As to the signing up, you can disable verify e-mail option in the admin panel as well
Now you left only with the welcome letterYou got two options there: 

1. do modifications of the codein ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php 
line 1451 the method
    public function onUserRegisterWelcomeLetter

2. option is to enable smtp and do not configure it. But in this case all welcome letters will pile in the database. 

Don't forget to remove forgot password link from your site as well, as it sends e-mail too. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 24 '16
ross Team
ross Aug 24 '16
Why do you need this anyway? 
memo
memo Aug 24 '16
Thank you for answering
Yes i need ( set all users default value to "Never" for sending e-mail notifications) but i can't find the method here :(
I need to do this because i have a lot of members they have the incorrect emails (i turn off users verify email), and when the email
notifications sends the load of cpu will be high

Thank you

ross Team
ross Aug 24 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Aug 24 '16
How can we Hide the Oxwall Option to Subscribe To Newsletter?  :--) 
Johnny
Johnny Jan 16 '17
im having trouble removing intergrated codes of Music Extre,My File Manager,Games,Message All,& Reminder Notifications,ive uninstalled them all however the intergrated codes remain,need help will pay to remove what do you charge for this?
Johnny
Johnny Jan 16 '17
Email me @ sugarjohnny80@gmail.com