We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

skilled php developer... | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 24 '16
hi

someone told me that a oxwall plugin with modifications can fit in another website software like wordpress

my question is:

Can a skilled PHP developer that never worked with oxwall software before make modifications on you oxwall website and your plugins easy? or do that developer need to understand everything about the core and how the plugins are build with the skeleton plugin? 

or can he just jump inside a plugin script and do modifications with success?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 24 '16
Some plugins maybe. Since some are integrations of existing scripts on the web, but they will need to understand how Oxwall ties everything together. The more complex plugins would be a challenge if they don't understand the Oxwall structure.. Some appear to be designed specifically for Oxwall using all of the core elements to build it. I've seen posts on occasion where some have attempted to seek modifications and the Dev was unable to understand the structure, but if the Dev has exceptional skill with php, html, javascript. They may be able to do this.
ross Team
ross Aug 25 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 25 '16
okey that great news :)