We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

facebook avatar | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
DeFender
DeFender Jul 10 '12
why it is too small  ???
DeFender
DeFender Jul 18 '12
it is so simple question and there is no answer from the team. where are you ? are you so busy or you don't read a forum , only tickets ??? or youll say -  wait for the next release ?
DeFender
DeFender Jul 18 '12
oxwall created music and we should hear it.:)
there is no code changes, there is no help and quick fixes.

but script is for free :D

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 19 '12
Oxwall uses the standard avatar image from Facebook that is 60x60px. There is only one option to make the avatar image be bigger which is resizing the main profile picture to the size of Oxwall avatar. Thank you for pointing us to this imperfection, we will make main picture resized in one of the upcoming builds.

I also understand your frustration about lack of immediate support, but Oxwall is an open source product and it's free. Our team is not that large to provide immediate responses to all reports and requests. Some day community will grow and no support from team will be needed, whilst we are doing everything possible to provide you with support even if it may look like we doesn't.

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 19 '12
There is no just one place in the code where you can change dimensions. Whole functionality should be rewritten to change the principles of the feature. Currently it takes that small avatar from Facebook as is (which can be seen in the Newsfeed), and there should be lot of code changed to grab the main picture and resize it. It's not that easy.
Micha
Micha Feb 18 '13
hy there, i love the community and the way its build, but i'm still waiting for some this "feature/bug", i tought about a workaround, just taking the original image if the image was importet by facebook, but thats quiet ugly... so i would be pleased if you could fix this...
thx from switzerland
Alia Team
Alia Feb 19 '13
Micha, thank you for your feedback.
This has not been fixed yet. It is in "to do" list.
Alexandru
Alexandru Jun 22 '13
Quote from Aliia Micha, thank you for your feedback.
This has not been fixed yet. It is in "to do" list.

I installed FB connect plugin and it still gives me the same small avatar (60x60). I understand that you need time to performe this job but now is 22.06.2013 that is one year from the time when this question was purposed for improving?! Maybe any idea how we can solve this issue by ourself?

ross Team
ross Jun 23 '13
Alexandru, we still use the FB styles for the FB connect plugin which changes constantly, which is why the image is so small, we intend to fix it in one of the upcoming releases, to use our own styles. Sorry for inconveniences. 
Kali
Kali Feb 28 '14
I was really hoping too that this feature would be in oxwall 1.6, please don't forget about it your next release...
DeFender
DeFender Jun 19 '14
is it fixed in 1.7 ?
Ruhul Amin
Ruhul Amin Jun 19 '14

Aliia can u help me please? no one helping on my problem

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/20428?page=1#post-96733
ross Team
ross Jun 23 '14
DeFender, no it is not fixed in 1.7. 

Ruhul, I'm sorry but the link lead to page not found. What was the problem.