We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support - Nightshade | Forum

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 8 '16
Post your support questions here. These should only be related to the theme. I don't have any control over the core, or third party plugins. I have added some special css for a few plugins, but I don't have all of them. Devs should really take responsive considerations into their plugin design.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 10 '16
Here is a guide to changing, or adding icons to the main menu. The puzzle piece is a default icon used when the menu item isn't already defined in the css. This is a guide for the main menu only. All of the other icons, including the ones in the sidebar are called by the system, or directly from plugins, and are used site wide.
Attachments:
  Change-add menu icons.txt (1Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 10 '16
Here is some info about responsive themes vs.plugins. Although the theme has responsive ability, and has taken the base Oxwall plugins into account; third party plugins vary in responsive design. Some will only view well down to a tablet size, and others have absolutely no mobile capability at all. It is primarily up to the plugin dev to take mobile capability into account when they design the plugin. Theme dev's hands are tied since there is no way to know what a plugin can and can't do. I use a range of @media queries in the four themes to enhance mobile view. I will list them here. Maybe it will help if a dev sees them.

@media only screen and (min-device-width : 320px) and (max-device-width : 480px){
}
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 320px) and (max-device-width : 480px) and (orientation: landscape) {
}
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 481px) and (max-device-width : 767px) {
}
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 481px) and (max-device-width : 767px) and (orientation: landscape) {
}
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 768px) and (max-device-width : 1024px) {
}
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 768px) and (max-device-width : 1024px) and (orientation: landscape) {
}
@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
}
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Oct 8 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 13 '16
The theme is designed using ltr "left to right" text direction. I have looked, and there seems to be no easy solution for rtl "right to left" text direction short of changing several css elements. I did find this below. What it would do is put everything in an rtl direction to a ltr direction allowing all of the css to display correctly while keeping the rtl language. Maybe someone with an rtl language direction can let me know if this is a sufficient fix for the issue, if so I can add it to the theme css, if not I won't.

Add this to the custom css for the theme in the admin panel.

body, html {
    direction: ltr;
}

Here's an interesting find for rtl conversion. I don't know how well it works.

https://www.google.com/...e=utf-8&oe=utf-8
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Sep 13 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Sep 27 '16
**This was added to the theme css on build 9900**
I noticed that with the advertisement plugin that large banners placed in the content section carry off the page on mobile screen widths. I've found this simple fix for it. Just add it to your custom css in the admin panel for the theme, and the banners will size to fit the screen width. I will submit this to the dev, if he doesn't implement it in the plugin, I will add it on an update. I would prefer that the devs make there plugins mobile friendly. You can copy, and paste all of the css below including the comment. That way you'll know what it is for.

/*Advertisement banner fix*/
.ow_ads_cont img {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: auto;
}

Edit: The dev will not add this to the plugin. It works with banners that I have on my test site. I will add it to the theme as an update.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Oct 7 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 2 '16
Want to disable the slideshow, and just have a single background? Add this css to the custom css in the admin panel for the theme. I personally use a 1920 x 1080 background.
body > .ow_page_wrap {
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-image: url("Your image url here");
    background-position-x: center;
    background-position-y: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: 100% 100%;
}
.cb-slideshow, .cb-slideshow::after {
    display: none;
}
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 20 '16
**Added this fix to the latest update** 9970
Found a fix for the "Friend Lists" plugin. Currently the drop down on smaller screens is positioned above the "Moderation" and "More" buttons when you have the "Profile Cover" plugin. When you expand the Friend Lists drop down it i difficult to navigate the drop down menu because the "Moderation",and "More" buttons interfere. This simple css that you can add to your custom css in the admin panel will set the z-index of the Friend Lists drop down at a higher z-index position allowing the drop down menu to appear over the "Moderation", and "More" buttons so the menu can be easily navigated. I have seen this same thing with other themes, but I'm giving you a fix here, and again, I am waiting to see if the dev may add this simple fix tot the plugin before adding it to my themes. If I do end up adding it, I will post it in the update section so you can remove it from your custom css before updating.

.fl-context-w.fl-context-checked {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 10;
}
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Nov 14 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 12 '18
Font Awesome integration is version 4.7.0. If you are adding your own icons, you will need to use the icons at the following link. Currently I'm not very impressed with the free version of Font Awesome 5. the new free version requires a font weight of 900 which is a bold setting. This affects the appearance of some of the icons. I will continue to check in to see if they improve this. The free version of Font Awesome 5 is also the only one that can be used in distribution.

https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icons/
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic