We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to Create Sitemap Without Plugin | Forum

cit27
cit27 Jul 12 '12
There are mainly two types of sitemaps: HTML sitemap and XML sitemap, and they are designed for dealing with different issues about websites. Therefore, before you start to learn How To Create Sitemap Without Pluging you need first know which type of sitemap suits your needs.

There are two ways to build sitemaps for your site: automatically or manually. Finding a trustworthy Free Sitemap Generator  to automatically build sitemaps is the easiest: and you can directly create sitemap for your site. Read More: xml-sitemaps.com or find the usefull service at: oxwall.org/store/user-list/plugin/Purusothaman

Here I Would Like to let u know how to create sitemap without plugin.

All you need is:

-Download the free software (sitemapX) that came with this post into your computer and install.

-give it a start URL of your oxwall site, and fill the required fields under the tab "Settings" and "FTP&PING"—click on "Crawl",

-You can make this free software automatically crawl your site in up to one minute (no matter how large your site is)—after the crawling, click on "Next",

-Then you will get a detailed report of the crawled pages (the metadata about each page also included), along with the error pages on your site—click on "Edit", you can make modifications to the metadata or delete some pages—click on "Generate",

-Then you will find that Free Software  instantly accomplish website sitemap generation, sitemap upload, and even search engine pinging.

-Easy, isn't it? And you can even just set a schedule to make all this happen automatically and periodically, which can ensure that search engines will index your updated contents timely. 

DOWNLOAD

See The Live Sample:

sitemap.xml

rss.xml

Others Trick
How To Create Games Without Plugin
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jul 13 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Good find Citi24. Thanks for sharing this.

When I had a look on the sample sitemap, it has generated the rss feed for newsfeed also.

<url>
<loc>http://www.microblogasia.com/newsfeed/1000/</loc>;
<priority>0.4</priority>
<lastmod>2012-07-11T18:35:18+00:00</lastmod>
<changefreq>Always</changefreq>
</url>

Generally newsfeeds need not to be come as it will involves lot of activities even in a small site. Does this software allow to filter specific type of urls?

How does this software handles sitemap file when the number of urls crosses 5000 links. There is a limit on this.

Thanks again for sharing about this useful one.
cit27
cit27 Jul 13 '12
Actually I do not know exactly how this free software to work but it works and really helps my site to be found by google in a few weeks...

There are several types of files that can be filtered by this software. Have a look at the example image.

In addition, a
fter generating this software also reports
the error pages on your site so you can make modifications to the metadata or delete some pages before it's published.

You can limit the number of urls to be genereted (see the left sample image)

NOTE ! be careful !
- It's just that you have to be careful when using it directly connected to your site using ftp  (I do not recommend this way because I do not believe this can work 100% or do not damage the site). (unless you've been doing backups or you really know about oxwall when problems occur). I hope your help to let us know if we can use this way. Thank U.
- After Sitemap Generation Completed I use to copy the generated file and upload to my site (I Use this way)

SORRY my en...

The Forum post is edited by cit27 Jul 13 '12
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks again for your detailed reply.

Filtering file is a good option. But having a oxwall specific site map will be good.

But this software is good. Wish I had this before.
Soloplayer Designs
Soloplayer Designs Jul 13 '12
this is so kewl! tnx for sharing
bobby
bobby Oct 21 '12
Thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 24 '12
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
Thomas
Thomas Oct 25 '12
So when i create sitemap do I just put the whole file in the root file or just the .xml file?
cit27
cit27 Oct 26 '12
after upgrading my site to Newest oxwall,
I can no longer use the free sitemap above.
if i upload, then the result of sitemap page is 404 (can`t see)
Purusothaman Ramanujam Can you help me or why this is happening?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am have no idea who this free sitemap is designed and generates the file.

As said already, it should handle sitemap file when the number of urls crosses 5000 links.
cit27
cit27 Oct 26 '12
Before is normally, the page mysite.com/sitemap.xml (can open)
After upgrading oxwall to Oxwall 1.4.1 security realease

then : mysite.com/sitemap.xml is 404
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Check whether the sitemap.xml file is present in your server root directory. If not upload the newly generated file.

During upgrade, it might have lost.
cit27
cit27 Oct 26 '12
Yes i upload the newly generated file...
sitemap.xml 404
sitemap.html 404
in root directory...

but i can open the generated file: sitemap.txt (URL List) file
cit27
cit27 Oct 26 '12
i tried to upload the old generated file from PC before oxwall upgrading but same 404
Purusothaman Ramanujam
remove those .html and .txt file.. just xml file will be fine.
cit27
cit27 Oct 26 '12
i remove html...but know  i use txt to use in google webmaster, becouse: xml 404
Purusothaman Ramanujam
It should work fine if the xml file is valid and available in the correct location.
cit27
cit27 Oct 26 '12
I dont know, but in my others site  is well no problem
Michael I.
Michael I. Oct 31 '12
You need to add an exception to your .htaccess file to be able to open those files.
cit27
cit27 Nov 1 '12
Could you show me the way or what file to add to .htaccess file...?
thank u

Below the default .htaccess file:

Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz
AddEncoding gzip .gzip
<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">
  ForceType text/javascript
</FilesMatch>
<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">
  ForceType text/css
</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind
RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
The Forum post is edited by cit27 Nov 1 '12
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »