We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Profile questions do not appear if the user was registered with a different role | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Tassos H
Tassos H Sep 13 '16
If a user registers as a Basic member and then a new role is created (eg Premium), then the admin changes the role of this user from Basic to Premium and moves some profile question from Basic to Premium the profile page of the user continues to show the question according to Basic role!

Steps to reproduce.
1. Keep only one role (Basic) in your site
2. Register as a new user "NewUser"
3. Create a profile question "Question-1" and make it visible in profile screen
4. As NewUser fill the "Question-1" up
5. As an administrator, create a new role "Premium"
6. Change the role of NewUser from Basic to Premium
7. Hide the "Question-1" from Basic role users and make it visible for Premium
8. Go to NewUser profile page.

Actual Behaviour
The NewUser is a Premium member and the Question-1 is visible in Premium members, however it is missing from the profile page.

Expected behaviour (I guess :) )
The question should be there!
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '16
First of all you need to change account type not user role, profile questions are linked with account types not user roles. 

Second you need to make it required for the user to fill out, at least on the Profile edit page in order for the question to appear on Profile view

Tassos H
Tassos H Sep 14 '16
Please, check the attached screenshot.
Keep in mind that if I check the box "Gender" in the "Basic" column, under "ACCOUNT TYPES" tab, the gender appears in the profile page.
Attachments:
  roles.png (117Kb)
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '16
I don't see gender profile questions on your profile page screenshot
Tassos H
Tassos H Sep 14 '16
Exactly, this is what is missing! The question exists, the user has answered it (initaly as a Basic Account), then user moved to premium member and the question to advanced account type (account type Advanced is linked with Premium roles), and it disappeared from profile page.
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '16
Have you changed user account type? 

Please provide screenshot how you changed it. 

ross Team
ross Sep 14 '16
I believe the user still has basic account type and not advanced
Tassos H
Tassos H Sep 14 '16
ok, apparently I don't get the logic behind this. Let me investigate it further.
Thanks for your answer.

I see in your wiki you say

"No matter what role you set to the account types, the Free role will always remain default. Sothe global default role prevails over the default role of the account type and the user has two roles: the default role and the role assigned to their account type."

ross Team
ross Sep 14 '16
When you, as an admin, edit that user profile, you'll be able to change his account type and then you'll see that questions in user profile if he filled out it earlier. 
Tassos H
Tassos H Sep 14 '16
ok, thanks
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '16
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.