We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is it possible to program an automatic account reactivation? | Forum

B.I.
B.I. Sep 14 '16
I am looking to know if there is some coding or plugins that I can add that would allow me to program Oxwall to reactivate an account, that had been suspended previously, or a certain time or date?

(EXAMPLE:
I suspend USER for something but I want their account to be re-activated in 4 days automatically.) 

Regards,
Shawn B.
ross Team
ross Sep 14 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 15 '16
This is a good idea.
B.I.
B.I. Sep 17 '16

Quote from ross Topic was moved from General Questions.

I'll take it that the topic move generally means it's not possible, so that answers that.

Quote from Miss Nookie This is a good idea.

Yeah it would be great! Specially for sites with few Admins.
Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 17 '16
Good idea B.I. +1

Hopefully someone makes a plug in to address this. It would be very useful.Having an input field or even a drop down to select how many days the user is suspended for would be a lovely addition. ^.^

Steve
Steve Sep 17 '16
No the move just means you put your topic in the wrong section...ross put it in a section to where you could probably get more help and suggestions. 

Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 18 '16
Shawn and Phil. This is something I might be willing to discuss getting customized, if you'd be interested in helping to share/offset costs. It probably would be in 2-3 months, as I'm in the middle of working on some customizations already right now that are fairly complex.
Anitaku
Anitaku Sep 18 '16

Quote from Miss Nookie Shawn and Phil. This is something I might be willing to discuss getting customized, if you'd be interested in helping to share/offset costs. It probably would be in 2-3 months, as I'm in the middle of working on some customizations already right now that are fairly complex.
I'm interested :) 
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Sep 18 '16
Cool. It will have to be after the current round, for sure, but I can put it into my roadmap. In the meantime, we could brainstorm how it would work, and I could create the graphics for communication with the developers, and maybe someone else would come along even before then.

*smiles*
B.I.
B.I. Sep 20 '16

Quote from Steve No the move just means you put your topic in the wrong section...ross put it in a section to where you could probably get more help and suggestions. 

Actually, Steve, I didn't initially put it in a wrong section base on my original thoughts when asking the question. I meant it in a different context then what you are seeing it as. I meant more over that it was moved from general questions which means it's something that is not native to, or easily done within, the Oxwall software as I had originally hoped/thought.

Quote from Miss Nookie Shawn and Phil. This is something I might be willing to discuss getting customized, if you'd be interested in helping to share/offset costs. It probably would be in 2-3 months, as I'm in the middle of working on some customizations already right now that are fairly complex.

I love this idea :) Sadly money is an object in my case as my site generates little to no income right now and my personal wallet is in no shape to help either. Plus, I'm not super proficient in coding to be of much use; I know enough to get around, but nothing to what level would be required. :c
The Forum post is edited by B.I. Sep 20 '16
Miss Nookie
Miss Nookie Nov 4 '16
So, I think I'll be ready for something like this in about a month. If the four of us that are interested put in $20 each, I bet we can get it done.

Are you in?

Should we brainstorm the basic function and preferences?