We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem with installation | Forum

Tristan Chua
Tristan Chua Aug 4 '10
can't install. Having this error "Fatal error: Class 'UTIL_Url' not found in C:\Users\Drust\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\usg\ow_install\install.php on line 16"

or am i just not doing things correctly?

Thx so much
Den Team
Den Aug 5 '10
Hello
What version of PHP do you have installed?
Roberto
Roberto Aug 6 '10
php 5.2.10

\ow_install\install.php on line 16"

Emil Team
Emil Aug 6 '10
If you are using beta 1, the problem should be fixed in beta 2. Please re-download
Roberto
Roberto Aug 6 '10
Fatal error: Class 'UTIL_Url' not found in /home/

/ow_install/install.php on line 16

beta 2

:(

HELP
Tyler
Tyler Aug 6 '10
Same problem as roberto. I'm using b2 and it gives me the fatal error on install.php and it would be nice to have some instructions. The instructions given just go to the wiki which doesn't explain much. Thank you.
Asshu
Asshu Aug 8 '10
Similar problem for me.
Emil Team
Emil Aug 9 '10
We are trying to reproduce this problem. Thank you for your patience!
Emil Team
Emil Aug 10 '10
Looks like we can't reproduce this error. Thus we need more info from you.

Are you all trying to install on Windows/XAMPP? If yes please provide your versions of PHP and XAMPP.

Those who don't please indicate what you are using and exact version of PHP.
celina
celina Aug 14 '10
Yes using windows/XAMPP, php5 and beta2
Still a blanc page showing after installation
The Forum post is edited by celina Aug 14 '10
Den Team
Den Aug 16 '10
Hello celina!

Would you try to reinstall software, but on third step, where system asks you to put PHP code on ow_includes/config.php, find this code:
define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
and replace it with :
define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', true);

Then, try to finish the installation process. If there will be any errors, please, send me them.
Or you can send me PM with your FTP/PHPmyadmin details. I will try to install it by myself.
Toni
Toni Nov 15 '10
i am getting same error:

Fatal error: Class 'UTIL_Url' not found in /home/toni005/public_html/ueep.net/ow_install/install.php on line 15
on http://ueep.net/ow_install/install.php

and on home i get
Not Found

The requested URL /install/requirements was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_jk/1.2.28 Server at ueep.net Port 80

can anybody give me a clue?
Den Team
Den Nov 15 '10
Hi
First, use this URL http://ueep.net/install/ for installation.
404 error means that you don't have mod rewrite installed, please, check it.
Toni
Toni Nov 16 '10
ok, how can i check? i mean, i can't find .htacccess....
Toni
Toni Nov 16 '10
it's on! :S
Den Team
Den Nov 17 '10
@Toni
I didn't see oxwall on your site. Did you remove it?
Lee
Lee May 26 '11
Hi guys,
Before i could even load anything to install, i have the following error and it reappears at database parameters page:
Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_STATIC - assumed 'OW_URL_STATIC' in C:\wamp\www\ow_includes\define.php on line 30

Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_STATIC - assumed 'OW_URL_STATIC' in C:\wamp\www\ow_includes\define.php on line 31

Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_USERFILES - assumed 'OW_URL_USERFILES' in C:\wamp\www\ow_includes\define.php on line 32

Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_URL_USERFILES - assumed 'OW_URL_USERFILES' in C:\wamp\www\ow_includes\define.php on line 33

i am running WAMP, please help.
Den Team
Den May 30 '11
What error_reporting do you have in your php.ini?
Ola
Ola Aug 3 '11
Did anyone find any solution to this? I get the same error:

Fatal error: Class 'UTIL_Url' not found in C:\Domains\customerentrance.com\httpdocs\ow_install\install.php on line 26

Someone is mentioning that I should use  /intall/install.php instead of ow_install/install.php, but there is no folder with the name install....
Den Team
Den Aug 9 '11
You should you www.mysite.com/install ;
Try this.
Pages: 1 2 »