We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Any questions - Facebook style News Feed | Forum

Smith
Smith Sep 17 '16
If you have a question - this topic for you.
John
John Oct 5 '16
Three questions:

1. Does your plugin address the "poster's avatar replaced by user who liked" issue?  See  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/8724

2. What happens to the existing posts in the "core" newsfeed if I install your plugin?  Do they still show?

3. Does your plugin address the normal newsfeed habit of bumping any entry, no matter how old, to the top whenever someone comments or likes it?  Or is it more like traditional facebook, i.e. entries are shown in order of the original posts?
The Forum post is edited by John Oct 5 '16
Simone
Simone Oct 5 '16
Are there also notification for replyes, tags and likes?

Thank you

Smith
Smith Oct 5 '16

Quote from John Three questions:

1. Does your plugin address the "poster's avatar replaced by user who liked" issue?  See  https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/8724

2. What happens to the existing posts in the "core" newsfeed if I install your plugin?  Do they still show?

3. Does your plugin address the normal newsfeed habit of bumping any entry, no matter how old, to the top whenever someone comments or likes it?  Or is it more like traditional facebook, i.e. entries are shown in order of the original posts?
1. The behavior of plugins "Newsfeed" and "Facebook style Newsfeed" in this case is the same.

2. You will lose the "LIKE type" instead of them you will see the usual system "LIKE icon". And of course the "comment replies" won't be visible, but if you install plugin again they will restored.  

3. The same like the first answer.

Smith
Smith Oct 5 '16

Quote from Simone Are there also notification for replyes, tags and likes?

Thank you

Yes, sure. Try to login to my demo site with different users, post new status at news feed, write comments, replies and set "like" for this post and you will see notifications and how it work.
Ray Gagné
Ray Gagné Oct 5 '16
hi where to translate icon name ?
Smith
Smith Oct 5 '16

Quote from Daniel jean hi where to translate icon name ?
At the current time only one language are supported. But if you want it I'll add support multiple languages.
Musik
Musik Oct 5 '16

Quote from Smith
Quote from John Three questions:

1. The behavior of plugins "Newsfeed" and "Facebook style Newsfeed" in this case is the same.

2. You will lose the "LIKE type" instead of them you will see the usual system "LIKE icon". And of course the "comment replies" won't be visible, but if you install plugin again they will restored.  

3. The same like the first answer.

Just a follow-up on #2: So all comments that have previous been made will still be visible after installing this plugin, but only comments made after installation can be "comment replies?"

Also, will uninstalling this plugin also erase comments made since installation or will they be preserved?

My Oxwall-powered site is 3 years old and has a lot of content, so I'm making sure nothing is being deleted. Thank you!

Shaun
Shaun Oct 6 '16
Are there any known conflicts with any of these plugins?

Comment Notification to Subscribers

Newsfeed Location Tag

Smileys

Newsfeed Trends Twitter style

Push Notifications

They are all asociated with the newsfeed so was just wondering if that would cause any issues?
Musik
Musik Oct 6 '16
Great question, Shaun. Curious to know the answers to this as well!
Smith
Smith Oct 6 '16
Plugin "Smileys" are not supported, because plugin "Facebok style News feed" already have own smileys. I going to improve them, add more features like custom icons e.t.c 

About the other plugins, I really don't know, because I don't have it. If you send me a copy I'll install on my computer and I answer to your question.

Shaun
Shaun Oct 6 '16
As much as i think plugins should be shared for developer tezting its really not my place to share them with other developers. 

Im sure you would appreciate that if I was your customer.

You could contact the necesary developers and ask for a copy for testing purposes or alternatively grant me a temporary licence and will test it on my site.

The plugin would stop working upon you removing the licence and at least you would know.

If all works well I could then purchase a copy.

Let me know.

Ray Gagné
Ray Gagné Oct 6 '16
Yes please add support multiple languages.

David
David Oct 7 '16
As you can see... the comment box shrinks... the icons extend below the box and overlap.  Doesn't look very nice.  This is a screenshot from your own demo site.  Will purchase when the cosmetic issues are worked out.

Shaun
Shaun Oct 9 '16

Quote from Shaun Are there any known conflicts with any of these plugins?

Comment Notification to Subscribers

Newsfeed Location Tag

Smileys

Newsfeed Trends Twitter style

Push Notifications

They are all asociated with the newsfeed so was just wondering if that would cause any issues?

This Plugin seems to work fairly well with all the above the above Plugins except smileys, There is deffinatly a conflict with this plugin that i hope the developer will consider trying to fix.

There may aslo be a slight conflict with the newfeed trends twitter style plugin however I think that issue is with the Other plugin not this one.

Shaun
Shaun Oct 9 '16
It's also worth mentioning that the new comments and replies to comments work well with other plugings like Groups, Photo, Video, Classifieds, Catalogue, events & blogs however the like emoticons do not show up in these plugins.

David
David Oct 11 '16
Okay... so clearly there is GREAT potential and we're on the right track.  My next question is... can it be made to function with the smiley's plugin... and can it extend to "Groups" so that the Like emoticons show up there as well?   One final question, if I may:  confused about the "warning" in the description.  Is this plugin mobile-friendly or not yet?
You do not have permission to reply this topic