We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook connect | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
enrique
enrique Jul 12 '12
Hi there!

Can you please fix the FB connect plugin? it didn´t work, it did work, it doesn´t work now, there must be a very important bug, I have several wordpress site running and no one problem with the FB login. But in Oxwall it is crazy, somtimes it works, sometimes not and I´m loosing a lot of people trying to login with facebook account. They obviously can´t. The aplication in facebook is ok, terms of use are ok, mode sandbox, but no reaction in my page when trying to login. Twitter and google are working with no problem. Please help me. My site:  www.humanidad-libre.com running on arvixe. Thank you!!!

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I see that you are using my Social Share plugin. Please disable that plugin and try once. I found that the script of social share plugin and fb login has a conflit. I will try to provide a solution soon.
enrique
enrique Jul 13 '12
Yes! it works now! Thankyou very much my friend. But your Social Share Plugin is great, I hope you can fix it very soon, because such a functionallity is very important for every page. Thanks again! 
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Happy to hear it Enrique. I am working on it to find a solution soon.
rocky stuart
rocky stuart Aug 1 '12
Hey enrique, try Social login by Login Radius. It works perfect and provides login facility with around 21 ID providers. I am using it and its my personal experience.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/loginradius-for-wordpress/

Adam
Adam Oct 3 '12
Quote from rocky stuart Hey enrique, try Social login by Login Radius. It works perfect and provides login facility with around 21 ID providers. I am using it and its my personal experience.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/loginradius-for-wordpress/

But thats for wordpress, I need one that works for Oxwall.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 3 '12
oxwall is built on wordpress so probably could convert that plugin to work just fine
Ashok Leader
Ashok Sep 6 '13
>oxwall is built on wordpress so probably could convert that plugin to work just fine

No this is not true.

ross Team
ross Sep 9 '13
Ashok +1

We developed Oxwall engine from scratch

The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 9 '13
Giulio
Giulio Sep 12 '13
Hi, I'm new to Oxwall.

I'm using InMotion Hosting and made a fresh new installation.
Unfortunately I got alwats "internal error 500" from the server whenever I try to login with facebook.

I also didn't see the facebook button.

Can you help?
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
How do you login with facebook, if you don't see the FB button? Have you installed the plugin properly according to this tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:facebook-connect
Giulio
Giulio Sep 12 '13
I only see the "connect" text, not the graphic one.

I used an old application of mine from FB, not I've made a new one and I get the red notice saying to check APP ID and SEC ID.
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
Yes, you need to create new app, please follow the tutorial instructions and download the latest version of FB connect from the store: www.oxwall.org/store
Giulio
Giulio Sep 12 '13
I've removed the default FB plugin, installed the one from the archive, generated a new facebook application (the facebook pages are a bit different from those provided by the tutorial).

No success.
It keeps saying to check APP ID and SEC ID.

In the application I had to check the "Web site with access through Facebook" or something like that to insert the site url, I've also disabled the sandbox mode.
The Forum post is edited by Giulio Sep 12 '13
ross Team
ross Sep 12 '13
have you got the APP ID and SEC ID? and paste them in the certain fields of the plugin settings for the plugin to start working?
Giulio
Giulio Sep 12 '13
Ok, waiting some hours and the system has recognized the two IDs.

Now it's the time of the dreaded "Internal server error".

The facebook integration is a deal breaker for me. If I'm not able to solve, I can't use Oxwall.

it's a pity that critical plugin like this has some many people stranded.
Giulio
Giulio Sep 12 '13
Error:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0, 1' at line 1

Backtrace:
#0 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_core/database.php(331): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_core/database.php(400): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', Array)
#2 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_core/base_dao.php(114): OW_Database->queryForObject('SELECT * FROM o...', 'BOL_User', Array, 0, Array)
#3 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_dao.php(132): OW_BaseDao->findObjectByExample(Object(OW_Example))
#4 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(309): BOL_UserDao->findByUseEmail(NULL)
#5 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_plugins/fbconnect/controllers/connect.php(86): BOL_UserService->findByEmail(NULL)
#6 [internal function]: FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect->login(Array)
#7 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect), Array)
#8 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/ow_core/application.php(317): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch()
#9 /home/isigno5/public_html/larp/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest()
#10 {main}

it seems that the issue is the facebook plugin itself.

The Forum post is edited by Giulio Sep 12 '13
Giulio
Giulio Sep 13 '13
Thanks all.

I think that oxwell is promising, but the facebook integration is critcal and at yhis stage it's not friendly enough for widespread use.

I'll go towards other platform.
Alia Team
Alia Sep 18 '13
If anybody faces the  same error in future please provide your site URL. We will be glad to check what the issue is.
Ariesta
Ariesta Sep 26 '13
hello all,

i have the same problem with giulio. fb connect button didn't show, it only show "connect" like this:

i tried to change app id, but it showed same. i tried to uninstall and install it again but it showed same

when i click that connect button, it works well. is that how fbconnect showed? it's looks creepy. or i left something on configuration?

thanks for your time for helping me
resta
Pages: 1 2 »