We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Smiley Sizing & More - Smileys | Forum

Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 23 '16
I Recently Edited 12 New Animated 32 by 32 Smileys for some of my outreach web sites, and they Upload Mainly Well when using Oxwall Software via this plugin.  But Unlike when using FB, the Emoticons get Cut Off a Bit at the Bottom when using them in Messaging.  Is there a Way to Prevent that?!  32 by 32 is as Small as I Want to Go.  :--)

One of my Animated Emoticons is Attached.  :--)

Also, about How Long until this Smiley Plugin is Able to Run on the Default Simplicity Theme?!  Is that Theme going to Remain Default?  I actually Like that Theme!  :--)

Lastly, I Know what Directory my Uploaded Animated Smileys are in, but I'm Not Sure what Directory & File has What :) Goes With What Smiley?  Please Let me Know Where that is.  :--) 

The Forum post is edited by Brother Andrew Sep 23 '16
Attachments:
  Animated_Smiley_Sunglasses.gif (2Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 29 '16

I Recently Edited 12 New Animated 32 by 32 Smileys for some of my outreach web sites, and they Upload Mainly Well when using Oxwall Software via this plugin.  But Unlike when using FB, the Emoticons get Cut Off a Bit at the Bottom when using them in Messaging.  Is there a Way to Prevent that?!  32 by 32 is as Small as I Want to Go.  :--)

Answer: Could you please describe in detail how we can reproduce the issue? The screenshots will be highly appreciated.

Also, about How Long until this Smiley Plugin is Able to Run on the Default Simplicity Theme?!  Is that Theme going to Remain Default?  I actually Like that Theme!  :--)

Answer: As far as we know Oxwall team has no plans to change the default theme in the nearest future.

Lastly, I Know what Directory my Uploaded Animated Smileys are in, but I'm Not Sure what Directory & File has What :) Goes With What Smiley?  Please Let me Know Where that is.  :--) 

Answer: The files are placed in the /ow_userfiles/plugins/smileys/smileys. The connection between images and code can be found in the ow_smileys_smileys table.

Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 29 '16
In the Attachment, you can See that the 32 by 32 Smileys are Cut Off at the Bottom a Bit.  When I Tested 32 by 32 Last Week, they were Cut Off Even More.  That might be because I Tested 50 by 50 Before 32 by 32.  It actually Doesn't look Real Bad in the Screenshot, but it still would be Better for the Whole Emoticon Smiley to Show, no matter How Big they are.  But I Plan on Sticking with 32 by 32.  :--)

Where in cPanel is ow_smileys_smileys table?  I Want to Re Name the Smiley File Names, and Keep Them Connected to the Proper :).  :--)

The Forum post is edited by Brother Andrew Sep 29 '16
Attachments:
  CHAT-SMILEYS-SCREENSHOT.png (14Kb)
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 30 '16
You need to go to phpMyAdmin interface to get an access to the database tables.

As for the screenshot, sorry, but we cannot understand what area is shown on the screenshot. What should we do to reproduce the issue at our demo website?

Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 30 '16
Upload that Smiley as a Test.  Then You'll See as In the Image, the Bottom of the Smileys Get Cut Off, until Another Message is Sent.  Simply the Message Bottom Height Should be a Bit Bigger.  :--)
The Forum post is edited by Brother Andrew Oct 16 '16
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Oct 13 '16
Did you Upload that Smiley of mine yet in the Smiley Plugin as a Test Yet?  :--)
The Forum post is edited by Brother Andrew Oct 16 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic