We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Questions about roadmap? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jeo
jeo Jul 16 '12
Hi oxwall dev,

I just wanted a ruth idea how the new themes & console is gonna be based out?

Will the console be a bit like facebook ware admin can add a drop down menu with links like privacy, edit details & etc?

Will the new themes be more easier to design on edit theme and will the layout be set different?

Thanks if anyone can update me on this as im willing to create a new theme but don't know if it be wath waiting for updates from you guys.
jeo
jeo Jul 18 '12
anyone
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 19 '12
Hi Jeo, new console will look like Facebook only in the way it will have real-time notifications now. There won't be a separate console for admin.

As for the new themes - yes, it would be easier to modify them and layout will be changed slightly. But you can always modify the theme to make it fit your needs.

Edy
Edy Jul 19 '12
when can we expect the new update??? @aka_le_Mulder
jeo
jeo Jul 19 '12
Ok sounds nice one more thing do you meen for console and themes will these work with mobile sites too? if yes then great job oxwall dev :)
jeo
jeo Jul 19 '12
also will the console have a site search and new mail and requsts will they be also real time notifications.
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 20 '12
I don't have that more information about how will it look like, guys. I will have more information when release date is near. Meanwhile, all information I have is exactly the same you do - it can be seen here: www.oxwall.org/roadmap
jeo
jeo Jul 20 '12
ok mate thanks for leting me know :)
Andreas
Andreas Aug 18 '12

Quote from Michael I. I don't have that more information about how will it look like, guys. I will have more information when release date is near. Meanwhile, all information I have is exactly the same you do - it can be seen here: www.oxwall.org/roadmap

Whats that? Are you kidding me?
Where is a serious Roadmap? Where are Version Numbers, so I can see -> ah This will be done in Version 1.4.5...
Where is a Date based Roadmap, where I can see, when the next release comes!

Please make your developement serious for Admins and Developers. I know its for free, but all big and good opensource has a official Roadmap where I can see if there is a LTS (Long term Support) and so on.

Please help us, so we can help you.

And stop telling me: Soon! I hate this
The Forum post is edited by Andreas Aug 18 '12
Andreas
Andreas Aug 19 '12
And where can I find previous Versions from Oxwall?
I ask this because I'm thinking about develop some Plugins and Themes. I want to have some backwards compatibility, but I can't find any older version.

Is it possible to get them anywhere?
Is it possible to get changelogs for each Version?

I ask
you urgently
, go to github or sourcforge. Please.

I'm close to make a fork from oxwall...
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I can give u 1.3 version. If you need that PM me.
jeo
jeo Aug 30 '12
any news yet oxwall dev?
Andreas
Andreas Sep 1 '12
Waiting for news too...
Michael I.
Michael I. Sep 10 '12
As soon as we start working with a public repository (this fall, I hope), we will open access to older versions of Oxwall for developers. And concerning the roadmap - it will be looking the way it looks now as there is no way of setting precise dates for features release - usually dates are vague and we've tried this release dates practice before but failed. Not all features are ready when release date is near so we move them to a next build and it may confuse users when release date is changed. So no release dates will be added.

Specify what you mean by LTS and I will give you more information on it.

BTW, only major features are added to the Roadmap, we don't add minor fixes or small feature there. So, there would always be more than expected.

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Waiting for the open public repository and issue tracking like trac.
Joseph
Joseph Sep 10 '12
waiting on the next update they are suppose to work on 6 week intervals and at least inform us of delays
Yves
Yves Sep 12 '12
a newsletter with updated and future features would be more then welcome.
now we are buying plugins that will be available for free in the next release!!
Cheers
Alia Team
Alia Sep 13 '12
Yeves,  great suggestions, thank you. We will think about it.
Andreas
Andreas Sep 19 '12
Quote from Michael I. As soon as we start working with a public repository (this fall, I hope), we will open access to older versions of Oxwall for developers. And concerning the roadmap - it will be looking the way it looks now as there is no way of setting precise dates for features release - usually dates are vague and we've tried this release dates practice before but failed. Not all features are ready when release date is near so we move them to a next build and it may confuse users when release date is changed.

Ah Ok. It's getting ready. Yea.

Thanks ;)

Quote from Michael I. 

Specify what you mean by LTS and I will give you more information on it.

BTW, only major features are added to the Roadmap, we don't add minor fixes or small feature there. So, there would always be more than expected.

With LTS I mean Long Term support. I mean this because if you have a big community and there is a major Release update, you cannot change your installation everyday and check, if there are Plugins available and so on.

Lets make an example:
1.4.x LTS gets Bug Support for 2 Years. -> So you guarantee us (The Admins) that security issues would be fixed and so on... Its better for Plugin Developers to test there Plugins and to maintain them.

So you can do some Hard Core Changes in the 1.5.0 Release, wich isn't an LTS Version. All the Developers can update there Installation, if they need new features, or stay on the 1.4.x LTS -> Because you make security Fixes there.
And the Developers have Time to update their Plugins for the new Version

I hope, you can understand it...

Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Sep 21 '12
oxwall team you should tell the approx time when you are  going to release  those updates like 2 months or 3 months :0
Pages: 1 2 »