We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

OW Debug - Exception | Forum

Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Sep 30 '16
After I changed the Debug mode in the config.php to "true", as wanted, I get the error message, when I wanted to start oxwall on my website.

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1616 DELAYED option not supported for table 'ow_base_user_online' File: /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/ow_core/database.php Line: 723 Trace: #0 /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/ow_core/database.php(723): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/ow_core/database.php(476): OW_Database->execute('INSERT DELAYED ...', Array) #2 /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/ow_core/database.php(512): OW_Database->insert('INSERT DELAYED ...', Array) #3 /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/ow_core/base_dao.php(237): OW_Database->insertObject('ow_base_user_on...', Object(BOL_UserOnline), true) #4 /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(736): OW_BaseDao->saveDelayed(Object(BOL_UserOnline)) #5 /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/ow_core/application.php(229): BOL_UserService->updateActivityStamp(1, 1) #6 /mnt/web4/b0/28/5728728/htdocs/ow/index.php(54): OW_Application->init() #7 {main} Type: PDOException

Who has a solution?

Funny: On my Snynolgy NAS and as a localhost (via XAMPP), Oxwall works without any problems.
Only, if I want to install it for my homepage, which is hosted at the German internet provider Strato, there are many problems. What can I do?? please help
The Forum post is edited by Karl Ranseier Oct 2 '16
ross Team
ross Oct 3 '16
Can you plesae go to ow_base_user_online table and click on "Structure" tab and provide screenshot? 
Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 3 '16
Do you mean the database for oxwall, which is hosted at the webserver? e.g. Name of Database is oxwall??
I'll try to reinstall Oxwall at the moment, I'll post the screenshot.

Now I got the screenshot. It's in German language, is this okay?

The Forum post is edited by Karl Ranseier Oct 3 '16
Attachments:
  missing.png (60Kb)
Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 3 '16
Something funny happend:
I installed oxwall, I changed the debug Mode in the config.php (false --> true). After that, I closed and the browser window. After I made a re-start of my browser, I could see the oxwall simplicity log-in menu corectly.

When I logged in, I got an erroer message "parser error". What does this mean, I don't know.
When I entered another URL and I go back in the browser headline, I get the error message like in subject no. 1

The Forum post is edited by Karl Ranseier Oct 4 '16
Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 4 '16
I got a new error message,

I think, it has to be with the hoster of my website. On my personal NAS and on a XAMPP localhost, Oxwall works without any problems.
Attachments:
  Screenshot2.png (69Kb)
ross Team
ross Oct 4 '16
Karl, can you make sure you hosting provider meets our server requirements http://www.oxwall.org/hosting first?
Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 4 '16
I'll get an answer today, I have written an email to the hosting provider and I wrote about the problem. Hosting provider is strato.de, one of biggest hosting provides in Germany. Usually, it should not make any problems.
But, I also read, there are less cases, whoch can problems with Oxwall and other community software. Why, it's unknown.

If I have a reply, I'll translate and post here.
ross Team
ross Oct 5 '16
Alright, keep us updated. 
Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 5 '16
No answer today :(

Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 6 '16
Still no answers, but as I have read in the German forum, there seems to be some difficulties at strato.de (this is the webhosting provider, where i also have hosted my site). It could be something with the UTF-8-code in the database, but I am still waiting for a message of strato.de - I sent them a new one a few minutes ago.

I also have posted this topic in the German forum. Maybe there'll be an answer. I'll inform you then.
ross Team
ross Oct 7 '16
ok
Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 9 '16
I have received an answer. As Strato has made no experiences with Oxwall until now, I had to send the system requirements. I did it so.

The Forum post is edited by Karl Ranseier Oct 9 '16
Perico Palotes
Perico Palotes Oct 10 '16
I have the same problem, i posted about it yesterday. The funny thing is that i have another installation of Oxwall in the root directory and it works good. The only difference with the new installation is that it's not placed in root and the mysql version is higher.

Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 11 '16
I have received an answer from my internet hosting provider. It is possible to use Oxwall with the technical equipment and configuration I have ("Strato power web plus"), because of the cron-job.

I re-installed Oxwall once again, with a new database. But the erorrs are still the same- after finishing installation, I get the error as shown in item 1.

After I left Firefox and I started the browser once again, I go the the oxwall directory and I see the Simplicity theme - but when I have loggd in correctly, I receive an error message "'Parser error".

I tried also to install oxwall directly in the root directory of my website (insted of an extra directory called oxwall).All failed. Damned.
The Forum post is edited by Karl Ranseier Oct 12 '16
ross Team
ross Oct 12 '16
Karl, can you please do one more thing. go to ow_base_user_online table and click on Operations menu item in the tabs and provide screenshot of the page you see. We need to check your Storage engine type. 
Karl Ranseier
Karl Ranseier Oct 13 '16
I have received an answer today, and now, I know, why it doesn't work. Oxwall needs Apache 2 for working, and I didn't have an Apache 2 webserver at Strato. It would cost EUR 8,00 extra / month to book a server but I don't want to take one.

One of the strato experts is asking, if Oxwall also works without  Apache 2 server.

If I install oxwall on my Synlogy NAS (DSD 116), it works without problems. There seems to be Apache 2 installed.

The Forum post is edited by Karl Ranseier Oct 13 '16
ross Team
ross Oct 13 '16
No, it won't work without Apache 2 or higher. It is our server requirement. 

Before obtaining server with correct settings. Can you please do what I mentioned above? Last hope, if you will))