We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

can't uninstall plugins | Forum

Joseph
Joseph Jul 20 '12
hi I recently had issues with my sites groups plugin so since oxwall wouldnt really help me I took it to myself to fix it and deleted all strings related to the groups plugin however while doing this I seem to have uninstalled a crucial string because now when I go to uninstall plugins I get this message  Plugin uninstall error
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 20 '12
Do you have your site backup? What files did you modify to delete the code from ?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 20 '12
I modified all base files and I have been comparing my backup to my current and cant find whats missing but there are so many files but basically to name off what I can i modified all component tables,modified base_cron_job,base_config,base_place,base_plugin I removed the lines that effected groups plugin or so I believed I obviously removed something that I needed
Joseph
Joseph Jul 20 '12
so does anyone know what tables uninstalling calls to?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 21 '12
I have fixed this issue it was not easy I had to build a new database and pull my old database in piece by piece but finally my site is 100% working again it was no easy task 
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 23 '12
So you simply created a new database and migrated all your old data there? And no changes performed to the code?
Joseph
Joseph Jul 23 '12
no code changes simply moved all my plugin files,user files,theme files,language files basically all files needed to maintain and the rest of the stuff i recreated through the site I rebuilt my custom pages by using the new database on a backup site and then finally just used the database on my live site after I did all this