We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Subdirectories for photos [ Plugin development/expereinced developer needed] | Forum

Olli
Olli Oct 9 '16
Hey,

I read a very old topic about almost the same question which I have: would it be nice to modify this wonderful plugin in a way it stores the actual binary-files in subdirectories. There are many reasons for that and the filesystem-performance is one of biggest and most important (also backups, modifying/deletion etc.).

I took a look at the code, and I think it should not be that big update (except migrating the old installations): the method which gives the photo's full path could have {$albumId} before the filename (albumId was not sent to that method though...). And when uploading, that subdirectory named after the album-id should be created. Album-ID would be perfect, because photos seem to impossible to upload without an album.

Please let me know what you think,

Olli

The Forum post is edited by Aliya Nov 25 '16
Gojira
Gojira Nov 14 '16
Totally agree. Please take that into consideration. Is completely imposible to navigate through this folder.

Thanks!

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 17 '16
Oxwall is an open source software, you are free to modify it the way you want it. You can do that on your own if you have programming skills or hire a programmer to do that for you.

You can contribute with the solution to public oxwall repository: github.com/oxwall

As to your suggestion, you can post it on uservoice: https://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall

In the meantime this is considered as a custom code modification.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 17 '16
Topic was moved from Photo.