We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Third step install doesn't show configuration parameters | Forum

Bart Degryse
Bart Degryse Oct 9 '16
Apparently (at least according to https://wiki.oxwall.com/install:manual_installation) the third step in the installation procedure for Oxwall 1.8.4 should show me a block of text that I should paste in ow_includes/config.php.

However on my fresh install (site hosted by Bluehost, php 5.6 installed) it doesn't show, even though the text is present in the page's html. This could be due to the fact that its containter (html > body > div.wrapper > div.body_wrapper > div.body > div.content > form > div) has its style set to display:none. When I change that to display:inline everything shows fine.

Bart Degryse
Bart Degryse Oct 9 '16
Additional problem. Clicking the continue button only gives an error message, even though the "details provided below" are effectively in the named config.php file.

How can I proceed?
ross Team
ross Oct 10 '16
Do you install software manually or via some auto installer? 
Bart Degryse
Bart Degryse Oct 10 '16
Since Bluehost only offers the 1.7 version of Oxwall through its oneclickinstaller, I'm installing manually.
Bart Degryse
Bart Degryse Oct 10 '16
Anyone having similar issues?
The Forum post is edited by Bart Degryse Oct 10 '16
Bart Degryse
Bart Degryse Oct 11 '16
I just tried, but I keep getting the error message from my second screenshot.
Any other ideas?
ross Team
ross Oct 12 '16
Bart, pm me your Cpanel access details and admin access details you want to set, I'll try to look at the issue.