We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Minor problem with customizing. - Nightshade | Forum

Rob
Rob Oct 10 '16
Dear Darryl, If we install your theme in a new domain, we can not change the main page. After clicking on "Customize this page" nothing works more on this page, we can then just click at the main menu on main to get out there again. Existing domains of us have this problem not or not any more. Something must be changed we think.? With best regards, Daydreams Exclusive
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 10 '16
Customize main page is working well on my test site. See screenshots. I have had this issue a couple of times in the past, and each time it was related to a javascript conflict. One was with some script I had in the header in the page settings, another was a script I was trying in the body section, and one was a script I was trying in a custom html block. There isn't any additional javascript in the theme itself above what was already there in the base theme "Simplicity" that I used to create this one. Some people have had issues with some plugins in the past that caused some conflicts.

Here is a google link that mentions some issues with customizing the main page.

https://www.google.com/...e=utf-8&oe=utf-8

The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Oct 10 '16
Attachments:
  Customize1.jpg (243Kb)
  Customize2.jpg (136Kb)
Rob
Rob Oct 11 '16
It can be adjusted in the standard theme from Oxwall, but unfortunately not under your theme. So there is a difference.!
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 11 '16
I can't reproduce this on my test site using Firefox, or IE. Everything is working normally.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Oct 11 '16
Rob
Rob Oct 11 '16
We have tried it with Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. In all three we have come in customizing mode, but can not change anything.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 11 '16
The only thing I can think of would be a javascript conflict between some script, or plugin, and the platform. I have tried everything on my test site with all four of my themes, and the other base themes as well a couple of others. I moved widgets around, changed icons, modified the welcome message. Everything is working. The functionality, and elements of the customize page pull from the core platform. The styling of the elements will pull from the css in the theme. 
Other than a conflict between the core, and any additional script added by the user, or 3rd party plugin, I have also seen that if one has Cloudflare, and Rocket Loader enabled that this will also interfere with the core platform's javascript libraries. I don't have Cloudflare running at all.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 12 '16
Found that I missed adding the closing tag for the script at the bottom of the dnd index page. Hopefully this latest update "9940" will take care of your issue. The updates are ready. You can use the feature in the admin panel to check for updates, or just wait till they appear.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 13 '16
This latest update didn't completely solve Daydreams issue. I am sure that it was a JS conflict due to how it was reacting, but I can't reproduce the issue on my test site, or on my live site. If anyone else is seeing this let me know. He was unable to edit any widgets on the customize page, the chat bar disappeared, and the dropdown menus didn't work when in the customize mode.
Rob
Rob Oct 15 '16
What was the problem or the solution, we do not know. We do not have enough experience in it. At present, the websites run normally, so of us from Darryl "very many thanks for your quick response and help."!
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Oct 15 '16
Glad it worked itself out. I have seen that some changes don't take until cron runs. I'm thinking that is the case when the database is involved with the update. The last update would have had one of these from the xml edit.
Ed
Ed Mar 10 '17
Darryl, I have one problem with Nightshade. It works great except in one area. Number one I use your theme on the latest Skadate software and the only place this template is having a problem is in the "My Matches area", My Friends works perfect. Can you help me please? I love the template look and its mobile friendly. See Attachment. It cuts and is duplicating pictures. Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance   
The Forum post is edited by Ed Mar 10 '17
Attachments:
  trouble.jpg (183Kb)
  friends.jpg (185Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 11 '17
I don't know about Skadate, but a few have had this issue with using Oxwall themes. Skadate posted this in relation to My Matches.

https://skatips.wordpress.com/...ll-theme-on-skadate/
Ed
Ed Mar 12 '17
Thank you Darryl. It worked great!
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 12 '17
You're welcome.
You do not have permission to reply this topic