We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Doesn't work with Amazon Cloud Support - Smileys | Forum

Omari
Omari Oct 15 '16
Hi the plugin shows no icons if your site uses Amazon S3 cloud support (built into Oxwall)
Omari
Omari Oct 15 '16
I guess in other words you may need to manually create and copy directories from S3 to you local plugins folder
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 17 '16

Omari, we tested it and the Smileys show in both cases: with and without Amazon S3 active. Could you please check the URL of the image through firebug console. It should always be like this: http://domain.com/ow_userfiles/plugins/smileys/smileys/it wasn't me.gif

Also, could you please specify whether you are using your custom images or default ones?

Omari
Omari Oct 17 '16
i'm using everything as default. will test further and post the details from my demo Oxwall site a bit later.

also your link gives a 404 error

The Forum post is edited by Omari Oct 17 '16
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 18 '16
Omari, this was just an example. The link can be like this: https://demo.oxwall.com/.../smileys/smiling.gif

Please test it once again at your website and get back to us with the results.

Omari
Omari Oct 18 '16
I understand. will do. thanks
Omari
Omari Oct 18 '16
ok so I'm using a base installation of 1.84 and I installed the plugin.

http://folderpage.com/beta/ow_userfiles/plugins/smileys/smileys/kissing.gif

This returns a page not found error.

To test on my demo site:

user:test
password:test

Additional Screenshots:

I should also mention the plugin installation takes a really long time (as if stuck in a loop)

The Forum post is edited by Omari Oct 18 '16
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 20 '16
Omari, please check the /ow_userfiles/plugins/smileys/smileys/ folder to be sure that the images exist. If not, you can copy them from /ow_plugins/smileys/static/smileys folder. Also, please make sure that the /ow_userfiles/ and its subfolders permissions are 777.
Omari
Omari Oct 20 '16
I will. But shouldn't the plugin do that automatically? Test the install of this plugin on an Oxwall 1.84 new system and see what happens. Because the install takes quite a while. So maybe it's stuck in a loop somewhere.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 21 '16
Yes, plugin should copy the images and place them into the ow_userfiles/ directory. But, most probably there were some issues during the installation process. We would also suggest to reinstall the plugin to see if it solves the issue.
Omari
Omari Oct 21 '16
My permissions are correct at 777. What appears to be the problem is that the folder

/ow_userfiles/plugins/smileys/

is not being created at install

so I have to manually create it and then add the smileys to that folder.

I tested this on a vanilla (newly installed) oxwall installation. So please test the install process for yourself under 1.84 and let's see if we can resolve it, because its a great plugin and you are the original and best developer.

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 21 '16
We have checked it and it works with no issues. Installation took less then 10 sec. Seems there was an interruption or an error. Please check the ow_log/error.log file to see if there are any errors related the Smileys plugin installation or the folder creation.
Omari
Omari Oct 21 '16
ok I got the problem, it conflicts with the Attachments plugin from Sergey Kamblin. 
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 23 '16
Thanks for letting us know about this issue.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 31 '16
Same problem here, vid Attachments 

I see that other users of Oxwall have the same problem.

The solution to get Smile icon back again have you here:

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47627

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Oct 31 '16
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Oct 31 '16
But still remain and resolve link icon issue in Attachments plugin.

which obviously is caused by Smile plugin!

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 31 '16
Kjetil Ervikson, thank you for the solution.
Omari
Omari Oct 31 '16
thanks for the solution. will try it later
You do not have permission to reply this topic