We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

german language appear | Forum

Edy
Edy Jul 22 '12
when i type a site  into my status  update  the description comes in German?
Attachments:
  Untitled.png (43.82Kb)
  Untitled1.png (81.58Kb)
Edy
Edy Jul 22 '12

Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 24 '12
Are you in Germany now?
Edy
Edy Jul 24 '12
No I am in New York City
Michael I.
Michael I. Jul 31 '12
Can you share your URL? I would like to check what description would I see. Drop me a PM if you don't want to share your URL.
Edy
Edy Jul 31 '12
Great i sent you the url  check your PM
Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 1 '12
Okay. Is your server's IP German? Looks like that is the only possible reason of the issue. Facebook and Bing check the server's IP and provides description for its location.
Edy
Edy Aug 1 '12
yes the company is in Germany.. msg from the hosting company

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do from our end. As mentioned, you need to embed maybe facebook plugin etc which are meant to be included in the page so that the visitor directly querying the facebook servers and will show the English text rather than serving our Server which are located in Germany showing you the German Text. You need to contact facebook support and check this issue with them if they can provide you some useful information.

Michael I.
Michael I. Aug 3 '12
I will let our developers know about the issue, maybe we will be able to find a solution for situations like yours.
Edy
Edy Aug 3 '12
thanks.. i even switch my dns  to cloudflare.com .. the german language still appear..
biswas mouni
biswas mouni Aug 28 '23
Thanks for sharing this useful information. For students at all levels, Sevenmentor offers certified German Language Course in Pune. In this German language course, trainers are not only fluent in German but also teach using a simple manner and enjoy what they do.